Iranian Nuke Facility "sabotaged"

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Last July, sabotage was blamed for a fire at the Natanz site which hit a central centrifuge assembly workshop.
It kind of sounds like to me that Iran's "key Nantanz nuclear facility" has, like, a personnel-vetting problem maybe?

• 1Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Cindy Claveau and Ellie

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
There's also some very compromised software, or so I've heard.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cindy Claveau

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Vetting failing to spot Israeli saboteurs, perhaps ?
I'm thinking, more likely failing to spot Iranian saboteurs (who may or may not be working on behalf of Israel) because they're too busy looking for Israeli saboteurs for instance.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
  • 1Like
Reactions: Cindy Claveau

Lucifer

Gonnae no dae that, jist gonnae no.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
in the dimdark days of prehistory

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Terrorists lose a toy. No tears to shed.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
They really should get insurance for all these "accidents". They can probably get very reasonable policy coverage in Tel Aviv.

• 1Beer
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Maybe if they’d kept the Shah America freedomed the country with.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I just don't like religious extremism, whether it's Iran, the R's, Talivangicles, hard-right Jews, Cromwell, or all that crap during the 30 years war. I know the older generation has a legitimate beef with the U.S. government but it's been 40 years and they've been very skilled at making making enemies and not at all with making friends.

I have hope the younger generations will replace them. The ones that want to live in the world.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I just don't like religious extremism, whether it's Iran, the R's, Talivangicles, hard-right Jews, Cromwell, or all that crap during the 30 years war. I know the older generation has a legitimate beef with the U.S. government but it's been 40 years and they've been very skilled at making making enemies and not at all with making friends.

I have hope the younger generations will replace them. The ones that want to live in the world.

To my mind, most Iranians, young and old, have a very legitimate beef with both their own governments and those of the US, and that will continue to be the case for the foreseeable future, as both sides try gingerly to unpick the damage done by decades of mutual hostility, and against the wishes of powerful factions in their own countries.

It's all very well to say "it's been 40 years and they've been very skilled at making making enemies and not at all with making friends," but that's true of the US , too.

If I were an Iranian, by now I'd certainly be wondering what the point was of negotiating anything involving the US, since we found out what agreements with the US are worth when the previous guy got elected, so I can see why they have to tread very carefully when trying to reestablish trust.

I guess it's simply the problem of countries being where they are and all of us being at this particular point in history, with everyone experiencing the continuing consequences of previous events and other people's mistakes.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Vetting failing to spot Israeli saboteurs, perhaps ?
But they have very extreme security measures in place, in fact it is 3 layered identification.

Layer One
guard: Stop! Are you a Israeli saboteur?
xxxxx: No.

Layer Two (added 4 years ago to beef up security resulting in 75% more saboteurs caught)
guard: Are you sure you are not a saboteur?
xxxxx: I am very sure I am not a saboteur.

Layer Three (added Monday)
guard: Are you lying about not being a saboteur?
xxxxx: No, I am not lying.
guard: Ok, go on in. Next in line!

• 1LOL
Reactions: Tirellia