Welcome to Avatar Life

Madi Perth

SL Rez
Here is something a friend introduced me too. It's called "Avatar Life" and social media sight just for avatars. It doesn't just service Second Life but seems to cover all worlds including Open Sim to IMVU.

Avatar Life is a social networking service intended specifically for users of virtual worlds and grids.

While other social networks don’t consider virtual life avatars “real people”, we understand just how real they can be to their users as well as friends in the various virtual worlds.​

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Didn't the Lab once buy a site like that and immediately shut it down?

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Didn't the Lab once buy a site like that and immediately shut it down?
I don't know if they shut it down, but it certainly didn't take off.

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Avatars United. I had to search for it. LL bought it in January 2010 and closed it in September 201. I assume they got something out of the deal. Probably some ropey old code they could integrate into SL :)

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Wasn't that the period where LL was dreaming that SL would become a sort of 3D Facebook or something?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Tirellia

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Wasn't that the period where LL was dreaming that SL would become a sort of 3D Facebook or something?
And now Facebook is trying to become Second Life.

Time is a flat circle, or something like that.

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
my.secondlife.com was what the ended up doing with it. the one LL bought.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
Here is something a friend introduced me too. It's called "Avatar Life" and social media sight just for avatars. It doesn't just service Second Life but seems to cover all worlds including Open Sim to IMVU.
So I googled this and not sure what the actual url for it is, because the Avatar Life I'm finding does not seem to be what you listed in the OP

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So I googled this and not sure what the actual url for it is, because the Avatar Life I'm finding does not seem to be what you listed in the OP
You should have searched for the text Madi quoted, not the name (considering its "fame" as a phone app). But here's the link:

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
The fields in red are required to activate your account. First and last name are public. Well, I'm certainly not going to use my real name.

• 1RuPaul
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Govi and Rose Karuna

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
The fields in red are required to activate your account. First and last name are public. Well, I'm certainly not going to use my real name.

I did not, I just used my avatar name.

Jupiter Rowland

The one with the Roth2 v2
SL Rez
Seems to be dead now. The domain can't even be pinged.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Just another failed effort along the road of trying to combine ones gaming and social media lives.

sldenizen

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Just logged in and got message in chat from www.avatarlife.com:

I saw this new world called AvatarLife (www.avatarlife.com) it is very similar to secondlife. They offer free lands to all residents. I would recommend that you come and grab a free island for yourself.
"About Us" on the website identifies its business partner:

Jejudoge is a cryptocurrency on the Ethereum blockchain. Jejudoge token is proud of its strong features and its association with the Jejudoge dog breed in South Korea.
which is kind of weird, at least to me.

• 1lolwut?
Reactions: Govi

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Received one of these chats today myself. Here's the entire About text sans the construction guy avatar jumping up and down on the right side of the page:

Gaming in the virtual world
The AvatarLife virtual world is developed by Gamingverse Private limited registered in India.
Gamingverse Private limited develops the core of the software required for AvatarLife the metaverse.
AvatarLife is a Web 3.0 native gaming company. We build games for the metaverse and offer a wide variety of games from PvP to PvE, P2E to free-play. Our focus is to build player-first games. AvatarLife also has our OpenSim Metaverse with games and other attractions.

Business Partners
Jejudoge
Jejudoge is a cryptocurrency on the Ethereum blockchain. Jejudoge token is proud of its strong features and its association with the Jejudoge dog breed in South Korea.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Wasn't there an Avatar social network with that name or something similar?

Not something scammy, but just "Facebook for avatars."

Also, the name is very similar to the VW Avakin Life.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The name does sound familiar. It was the reason I looked at it. But, you know, another virtual world.