Zoom Amusements

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
UPDATE: The poster has chosen to limit who can see their feed so the OP and comments are no longer available. Khamon is no prude, but wow, why would a person ever set their Zoom name to BibTits or Long Dong or such? That's begging for trouble that is. THE INTRAWEBZ ARE PUBLIC1 People are going to see what you post. Know that, and own it, or at least don't pretend like you didn't know that all along. /UPDATE

Reading the first few posts in this thread resulted in an OJ spray followed by laughing until I nearly passed out. Apologies to Free who has probably already referenced it somewhere on VVO:

Last edited:

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The future of music videos. Or at least the present of them.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Reading the first few posts in this thread resulted in an OJ spray followed by laughing until I nearly passed out. Apologies to Free who has probably already referenced it somewhere on VVO:

Huh - apparently the original Twitter person has hidden their Twitter feed. I spent a good long while late last night/early this morning looking at replies. And the two posts I made in this thread included the original post, but now it just has the response. And when I go to Twitter, it says that the person has limited who can see their Twitter feed.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Khamon

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Thanks for the headsup Lexxi. I posted an update. Funny how shocked and horrified the person was to've entered a professional Zoom meeting with an embarrassing user name but then was perfectly comfortable recounting the experience on Twitter. Do people believe that their tweets are automatically privately limited to people they magically approve using the Krell machine?

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Thanks for the headsup Lexxi. I posted an update. Funny how shocked and horrified the person was to've entered a professional Zoom meeting with an embarrassing user name but then was perfectly comfortable recounting the experience on Twitter. Do people believe that their tweets are automatically privately limited to people they magically approve using the Krell machine?
I sometimes wonder if people 'get' Twitter. So many times I'll see someone say something like 'Stop posting to my feed!'. And I'd look to see what the person said to them and . . . they didn't say anything to them - the angry person had someone's post appear in their feed (either because they are following them; someone they are following liked/retweeted a tweet/ or added them to the feed by @'ing them); or something else put the tweet into their feed (I, myself, have started seeing random tweets in my feed and they are there because I'd clicked on 'follow' on certain subjects). Or, in one case, I saw someone apparently attempting to talk with several people, but all of the posts were on their own feed, and they were getting angry because whoever the heck they are trying to talk to was never responding.

• 1Minion
Reactions: Khamon

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
It is a bit confusing and I've never quite gotten used to it myself still being attuned in Usenetland.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
You know these moments are hilarious to those of us without kids right? We can be talking to a kid during a work meeting while their parents are awkwardly trying to apologize.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Fionalein

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
You know these moments are hilarious to those of us without kids right? We can be talking to a kid during a work meeting while their parents are awkwardly trying to apologize.
That's what I've got a sister for - no need for Zoom.

Govi

feral ballerina
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
We have friends who regularly maintain their social contacts via Zoom calls. It's a mystery to us. I use actual phone calls and my husband uses Facebook/iMessage/texts because he's hard of hearing. Certainly we both miss any nuances that are normally conveyed by physical gestures, but the chance of missing facial and hand gestures in the small tic-tac-toe boxes is pretty large in my estimation.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
We have friends who regularly maintain their social contacts via Zoom calls. It's a mystery to us. I use actual phone calls and my husband uses Facebook/iMessage/texts because he's hard of hearing. Certainly we both miss any nuances that are normally conveyed by physical gestures, but the chance of missing facial and hand gestures in the small tic-tac-toe boxes is pretty large in my estimation.
I am constantly in touch with my parents via facetime since they always have something that uses it around. Then I keep up with my wife's family via google meet.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Looks like their Twitter account is suspended now.