X.com needs unfurling

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Since Elmo renamed twitter.com to x.com the unfurling of their links is not working any longer. Given the fact that we often link here tweets, we need unfurling for x.com like we had for twitter.com.

Kthxbyebye.

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Since Elmo renamed twitter.com to x.com the unfurling of their links is not working any longer. Given the fact that we often link here tweets, we need unfurling for x.com like we had for twitter.com.
For now, change x.com to twitter.com in the url. It'll still work then.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I have tried doing this, but can't get it to work. I have tried everything, but unfortunately the update to the plugin that resolves the X/Twitter situation needs a newer version of the forum software, which I am not willing to do at this time. Free's suggestion does work. If I can find a way I will, but so far I have not had any luck.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Khamon

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I almost always back out whenever I hit a Twitter/X link anyways, that a$$whole doesn't need any more exposure. Not that I'm asking Cris to block it or anything, people are free to do as they choose and the people linked to almost always certainly deserve the page clicks or whatever.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
FWIW,, I have completely blocked Twitter for a while and don't ever see it.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤

Kthxbyebye.
Sometimes less is better.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi