World of Warcraft Classic Coming Summer Of 2019

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
As soon as I have enough money I will try to start one. I’m going to have my toon make bags when I can.
We have tried that in the past and it never really worked out. Didn't have enough people in the guild and people played at widely different times. Maybe this time it'll be different but I already plan to join an existing guild. Probably won't have the time to play an alt.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I’m sorry I haven’t been online in WoW lately. I have been kinda sick. I will still pick away at it when I can, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to do much soon.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Ashiri

Jopsy Pendragon

Moral Compasses get confused at the North Pole.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
My WoW sub finally ran out last night. First time since Cataclysm I think that I haven't been subscribed. (~9 years?)

Hadn't logged in in months, but I was still sniping on their forums a bit. But now that I'm not 'active' my posts get deleted.

Free at last, free at last, thank zog all mighty, I'm free at last. ;)

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
My WoW sub finally ran out last night. First time since Cataclysm I think that I haven't been subscribed. (~9 years?)

Hadn't logged in in months, but I was still sniping on their forums a bit. But now that I'm not 'active' my posts get deleted.

Free at last, free at last, thank zog all mighty, I'm free at last. ;)
I saw some of your posts ;)
I am enjoying classic despite its flaws. BfA seems, to me, to be so bland. Or maybe it's just the bizarre storyline. Definitely tired of them inventing new gimmicks every expansion.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I am probably not coming back, but I just want to say that the recently announced new Recruit A Friend system, is total bull shit.

Unlike the old system, you basically have to recruit a friend for a year to get stuff, not 3 months.

Also extremely stupid, old players can't be recruited unless they have been gone for two years. I mean, chances are, you aren't going to pick up many 100% new folks, but maybe you could bring back a few, except 2 years is a lot.

And to make that 2 years WORSE, the announced this just after the launch of WoW Classic, so most people who left and we're going to come back, probably already came back.

I mean, I get that they are hoping to boost numbers, but there is basically no real viable path for most people to get the rewards. Which disincintivises anyone from bothering. I .want what's the point of making cool stuff if no one is going to get it. This sort of thing is part of (many factors) that made me lose interest. It was a pain to get anything cool, and there are a million cool things to get.

Basically, having stuff be rare and special is a little pointless because there is so much rare and special stuff that it's not going to "be everywhere" so it will still feel special and no one will probably notice or know it's rare and special in the first place

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
BfA seems, to me, to be so bland. Or maybe it's just the bizarre storyline. Definitely tired of them inventing new gimmicks every expansion.
Bland? [extreme sarcasm]But there's sooooOOOooo much variety![/extreme sarcasm] You can have lime cupcakes (islands), lime hard candy (mythics), lime cake (raids), lime gumballs with a prize inside (warfronts), or just straight up limes (arenas & battlegrounds)! Or you can try crafting and make lime-onade.

The new gimmicks are necessary to re-invigorate an old game, imho, but they've become less and less innovative. And rendered meaningless with the knowledge that they're "Temporary, at best" gimmicks. Artifact Weapons last expansion were neat and compelling... the replacement 'necklace' mcguffin carries forward the worst part of artifact weapons and abandoned the best.

I'm so much happier on ESO now. Even without flying or water walking... their mount system is smart, their portal network is very convenient and getting where I want to be, anywhere in the world, rarely takes much more than a minute. Unlike WoW which deliberately injects 5-10 minutes of wasted "do nothing" time just to go some place for a chore or action that takes mere seconds.

Maybe if WoW had more variety and diversity 'getting there' could be 'half the fun' but it's the same lime flavored trash mobs regardless of their name or appearance. Trivial to deal with, just time consuming... with no value or enjoyment. Just time-tax.

Anyway.... yeah, I'm still very grumpy about Blizzard selling short the customers of what used to be their flagship product with this half-baked uninventive mildtoast slog through tedium.

Last edited:

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
the recently announced new Recruit A Friend system, is total bull shit.
No kidding. Obviously some people circumvent this by creating a second account for themselves... but apparently to get the special 'backpack' transmog from the recruit-a-friend system now requires like a $200 investment in a second account.

And you know some people will do it anyway.

It's taking on the flavor of predatory consumer lending institutions.