World of Warcraft Classic Coming Summer Of 2019

Jopsy Pendragon

Just another pedestrian on the interstate.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Return to Vanilla & BC! That nostalgic time when I got fed up with the slow grind and slower travel abilities and left to play City of Heroes for a few years instead.

Not sure I'm enthused by the option to return to it.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I sense the death of private Classic servers in summer 2019.
Maybe? Some people are drawn to them if they are free. Established role playing communities, which I assume exist, might also stay put.

I can see official servers helping out new players in this way - to see the old lore before the Cata overwrite.

• 1Like
Reactions: Cindy Claveau

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I can see official servers helping out new players in this way - to see the old lore before the Cata overwrite.
That is why I would level a couple of characters on classic server, one horde, one alliance.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Hrmm, I could be tempted...

I wonder how "classic" they actually mean. Like will it be an honest to goodness reimplementation of vanilla/BC Azeroth, or will be a recreation with an extra layer of spit and polish? I mean, I used to do a lot of out of bounds exploration in my downtime. Areas like Ironforge Airport, the crypts behind Karahzan, the hill regions below the Wetlands, the ones surrounding the Forsaken starting zone, etc, etc. For me at least, being able to find these sorts of "backstage" areas and working out ways to get into them was a big source of "chill time" fun (that and fishing). It'd be a shame if those areas end up properly closed off, or deleted entirely because Blizzard decides to put stricter security in the fun park.

Lewis Luminos

The Gingerbeard Man
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I wonder if it's just classic content, or classic game mechanics as well?

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
If I understood Blizzard correctly it is going to be a faithful reimplementation, so e.g. Paladins just being garbage, maybe the updated character models, but no dungeon finder, flying around, and all the good, old annoying stuff people have been asking around for ages to experience again.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
During WotLK I was basically soloing as a restokin and I might enjoy doing that again.

But I dunno. The Seagate drive I had been using to hold my WoW has died and I didn’t even feel particularly sad about it. Maybe I’m done.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
For a minute I thought "classic" meant they were going to remaster the original Warcraft game. I still have that disc!

• 1Like

Jopsy Pendragon

Just another pedestrian on the interstate.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Been impatiently waiting to play my boomkin (a gloomy tauren aptly named 'Moonday') but I wanted to race change him to Zandalari Troll first, for the featherless arakkoa / Skeksis from the Dark Crystal boomkin form.

I was going to do the same with my regular troll shaman before raising him up from 110, but gave up.

Same for my monk troll, except I had already leveled him up to 120 before they replaced warlock with monk as allowable Zandalari classes.

Made my tauren shadow priest into maghar orc, and goblin arcane mage into nightiborne, very happy with both. I'd really like to make more of my alts nightiborne, but their racials are really weak for anything that doesn't do arcane damage.

Mostly these days, I'm doing warfronts when they switch, emissaries/assaults when they offer gear upgrades, a bit of lfr for transmog, one night of progression raiding with the guild... And a dozen Valentine's daily dungeon runs trying to get that silly Big Love Rocket mount.

ETA: derp, didn't notice this was the "classic" thread. Oops. :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I expect to dabble in Classic if it doesn't cost any extra. If anyone else plans to, would you like to coordinate so we're all on the same server/faction? I expect to start with a druid but don't care which faction.

Thanks.

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I'll be making characters next week, planning on alliance druid, priest, and one other.

• 1Thanks

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
There is a stress test starting tomorrow 11:00 am PDT but will end on Friday. Supposedly server names and what type of servers they are will be out this week.

• 1Like

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
You mean, will you be expected to be a healer?