World of Warcraft Classic Coming Summer Of 2019

Jopsy Pendragon

Punt the Puppet!
Sep 20, 2018
Hillcrest, San Diego, CA
Joined SLU
Jan 15 2004
SLU Posts
Return to Vanilla & BC! That nostalgic time when I got fed up with the slow grind and slower travel abilities and left to play City of Heroes for a few years instead.

Not sure I'm enthused by the option to return to it.

Sep 21, 2018
Arizona
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I might even be online by then.

Does anybody know where Mankrik’s wife is?

*runs*

Sep 21, 2018
Arizona
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I sense the death of private Classic servers in summer 2019.
Maybe? Some people are drawn to them if they are free. Established role playing communities, which I assume exist, might also stay put.

I can see official servers helping out new players in this way - to see the old lore before the Cata overwrite.

Sep 20, 2018
RL: NZ / EVE: 1DQ1-A & Niarja / SL: Jessie
SL Rez
I can see official servers helping out new players in this way - to see the old lore before the Cata overwrite.
That is why I would level a couple of characters on classic server, one horde, one alliance.

Sep 19, 2018
a sunburnt country
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Hrmm, I could be tempted...

I wonder how "classic" they actually mean. Like will it be an honest to goodness reimplementation of vanilla/BC Azeroth, or will be a recreation with an extra layer of spit and polish? I mean, I used to do a lot of out of bounds exploration in my downtime. Areas like Ironforge Airport, the crypts behind Karahzan, the hill regions below the Wetlands, the ones surrounding the Forsaken starting zone, etc, etc. For me at least, being able to find these sorts of "backstage" areas and working out ways to get into them was a big source of "chill time" fun (that and fishing). It'd be a shame if those areas end up properly closed off, or deleted entirely because Blizzard decides to put stricter security in the fun park.

Lewis Luminos

The Gingerbeard Man
Oct 10, 2018
UK
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I wonder if it's just classic content, or classic game mechanics as well?

Sep 26, 2018
If I understood Blizzard correctly it is going to be a faithful reimplementation, so e.g. Paladins just being garbage, maybe the updated character models, but no dungeon finder, flying around, and all the good, old annoying stuff people have been asking around for ages to experience again.