World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I've been bumbling around ESO a bit more. Ran into some guy with a pot on his head... very 'don quixote'-ish in character... and immediately recognized the voice as Sir John Cleese.

A moment later I thought I recognized another voice as Theodan(LotR)'s Bernard Hill... but it was actually Alfred Molina.

Seems like in this latest patch "Elsewyr", they really went in for celebrity voice-work: Kate Beckinsale, Bill Nighy, Peter Stormare, Lynda Carter, Malcolm McDowell, Michael Gambon, and more.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

HEX

BURRITO WARLORD
SL Rez
HOLY BURRITOS!!!

HEX IS RUNNING BLOOD DK IN BATTLEGROUNDS TO LEVEL AND THIS IS SO BROKEN!

HE IS USUALLY TOP HEALS IN BGS WITH HIS OWN SELF HEALS. HE'S BASICALLY UNKILLABLE AGAINST FEWER THAN 4.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Like
Reactions: Salome and Brenda Archer

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
HOLY BURRITOS!!!

HEX IS RUNNING BLOOD DK IN BATTLEGROUNDS TO LEVEL AND THIS IS SO BROKEN!

HE IS USUALLY TOP HEALS IN BGS WITH HIS OWN SELF HEALS. HE'S BASICALLY UNKILLABLE AGAINST FEWER THAN 4.
Blood DKs have always been brokenly good. Not that I've played a DK since they "streamlined" the rune resources.

• 1Agree

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
Is anyone else using Korrak's Revenge to levels alts? I’ve got 6 max characters now, pretty painlessly.

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Is anyone else using Korrak's Revenge to levels alts? I’ve got 6 max characters now, pretty painlessly.
If I'm serious about leveling the rest of my characters, then I should be, especially now I've finished the prerequisites for Vulpera.

(was thinking of re-rolling on a new server because Missing Image seems dead)

• 1Like
Reactions: Salome

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
I’m just watching Disney+ and guarding nodes until they cap and getting characters 2-3 levels per AV. I’m not even using the potions or decked out in full heirlooms. (missing the darkmoon weapon).

• 1Like

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
BfA went on sale, so I resubscribed. I'll be Horde on Grizzly Hills and both Horde and Alliance on Wyrmrest Accord.

I *really* want to see the DK class hall now that it's lore relevant, so I'll be boosting my DK in Missing Image.

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
BfA went on sale, so I resubscribed. I'll be Horde on Grizzly Hills and both Horde and Alliance on Wyrmrest Accord.

I *really* want to see the DK class hall now that it's lore relevant, so I'll be boosting my DK in Missing Image.
Hmm, I moved to WrA with my Horde shaman. I kept looking at the guild roster. :(

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Hmm, I moved to WrA with my Horde shaman. I kept looking at the guild roster. :(
I'm sorry I missed you :( I was logged out for a while, both to save the money and because I wasn't feeling well. I do have a toon on WrA Horde side, Solise (demo lock) at 95, who I also want to level. If you need me for RP or anything I'd be happy to come along.

Tonight I played Wednesford (DK 110) through the BfA start sequence but then I went back to Dalaran because I want to see the DK class hall. So that toon is still in Missing Image.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I recently resubscribed as well, all my chars are on EU servers. I stopped playing around 6 years ago or so, during the middle of Warlords of Draenor because it was too boring and I was too upset about Blizzard's handling of the flying mounts.

Anyway the plan is now to level a little bit with a friend of mine on Horde side, I have not purchased BFA yet. So this means that so far Blizzard gifted me Legion which is part of the battle chest, so I can level up to 110. Then I'll decide if I purchase the addon or not, and instead go on with ESO.

I've been leveling on a Horde shadow priest starting from 90 (all my 100 are on alliance, but we started fresh on this Horde realm where I only got this old thing which now needs to earn some money) so far without any heirlooms, only the 15% xp buff for the anniversary. Leveling still is so quick that I just made by questing my way from 90-96 in the starting area of Draenor, so now moved on and expect to be 100 somewhere during the next days. My weapon though just sucks because it is still from the last expansion, and so far all suitable weapons in the auction house are too expensive considering that I just might get a better one every minute now and I did not get yet one better as quest reward. Bummer.

HEX: Blood DK might be nice for casual PvP; if you want to get serious about it then better forget it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I was just thinking about a reply that Kamilah gave in an unrelated thread and it made me wonder:

Who else dropped out of playing Horde due to the story in BfA?

I know that I shelved my Horde characters until recently because of the story.

• 1Like

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
I know I’m in the minority, but the story is the only reason I’ve stayed with BfA. I fucking love my dark Queen. Plus I get the bonus of watching all the whiny dudes running around crying about her. I do understand, however, that for some they are running Sylvanas into the ground much the same way they did Thrall during the “green Jesus” era. They’ve also done a shitty job of delivering her lore in-world, so many of her actions seem arbitrary when they are in keeping with motivations from cannon outside the game.

It’s still delicious to watch all the little edgelords try to pretend it’s about make-believe honor or something.

• 1Like

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
They’ve also done a shitty job of delivering her lore in-world,
That has long been a problem with Blizzard, though when I was new I discovered many of the in-game books which helped to fill in gaps.

There is one really annoying thing about the bfa story with regard what each faction sees the other one doing compared to what their own story is.
It's one thing for each sides story to have a different spin on it, another to have different facts. I know why they wrote it that way, to get people invested in their faction (because omg, the other side are monsters!), but I really don't care for the writer/dev's ineptness in psychological manipulation.
(rant over)

• 1Agree

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I know I’m in the minority, but the story is the only reason I’ve stayed with BfA. I fucking love my dark Queen. Plus I get the bonus of watching all the whiny dudes running around crying about her. I do understand, however, that for some they are running Sylvanas into the ground much the same way they did Thrall during the “green Jesus” era.
Actually this running down characters has been my main issue with the whole game since Warlords of Draenor: suddenly I was not just player, but superplayer, the savior of the whole world who could achieve things even Khadgar and other legendary heroes could not even comprehend to do. Also Thrall just killed Garrosh so easy and what else. And every player I met was superplayer as well, mass legendaries like Ashbringer suddenly, death of many important characters and this separate timeline was really like Kelvin timeline is for Star Trek: just a lame excuse for the lack of new ideas.

And since Sylvanas is right now on her glorious was of becoming the main antagonist in the next expansion her undead days for sure are soon going to be over after she becomes the main boss in the raid of this expansion probably somewhere in late 2021 or so.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I was just thinking about a reply that Kamilah gave in an unrelated thread and it made me wonder:

Who else dropped out of playing Horde due to the story in BfA?

I know that I shelved my Horde characters until recently because of the story.
It was a factor in my not buying the expansion until very recently. The main factor was exhaustion after getting Legion Pathfinder. I want to play more, but my health has me worn out too much too often.

I liked Sylvanas and I’m not sure the new lore is a good thing. I’m still hoping she will turn out to be acting for a greater good, in her Undead Machiavellian way, and not just be another raid boss like Garrosh. (At least he was somewhat multidimensional before going bad.)

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Alliance releases Worgens: "We want the furry crowd."

Horde: "Hold my ale."

• 1Like

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I am having so much trouble updating over my slow connection. I might get logged in tonight. I’m probably going to play a little in the next few days and then let my subscription lapse until I get paid late next month. I’m really too fatigued to play, is the core of it. I miss seeing you all in game, but I can’t seem to be both physically energetic enough and properly patched at the same time. I might wind up taking another break.