Working with Media on a Prim

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
First, if I got the wrong thread, please someone move to right place?

So, finally decided I wanted to make a working TV for my SL home, so can watch movies with my spouse without having to go into his office and watching them on his computer because we don't have a TV... So, I set it up yesterday so we could watch a live stream of Dark Side of the Con on Youtube.

So I go through the antiquated steps and... it will not do live streams at all, says it needs something for html5 to work... But it will show normal videos - but not the same things to both of us, so heis watching one thing on the prim and I'm watching something else on the prim...

Also, we have disney + and we can go to the page and log in and.... click play on movie and it just does nothing...

And I tried this on both firestorm and in the official viewer - same things.

Does anyone know how to make it work, or why its not working?

Kathryn Elisabeth

[1/2 Baked Cookie!]
I dunno all the technical webpage 'whatzit called thingies' are but is just the specific video on Youtube. Some work because they are 'something something encoded' (maybe is because they are older?) and others don't work. Same with some other video websites.
The MOAP stuff was *kicks things, mumbles, cusses* at first, then I rebrained to myself it as BOAP (Browser on a Prim). Is because the Object face is really more like a 'puny' pass thru web browser' to your machine. I look at it like this because all media on prim things need the external web server thingie to do the 'special' workings to sync a video to multiple client machines. It is 'puny' because it is whatever older version of the web browser that was used in version of viewer. So is older browser that will be missing stuffs and things (rough estimate - number of 'real web browser' updates since last viewer update), and thus some videos won't work, period.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Flower
Reactions: Khamon and Aribeth Zelin

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Problem I've had is Google keeps fucking around with the URL commands >_<

Here's my working URL for a youtube playlist. Only thing that isn't quite right is fullscreen and/or scaling.

The "Index" is changed every half hour by a script if no-one's on the parcel so it doesn't start on the same video each time.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLUkrGoExgddqzm4yANc-Ns6ZGeO5aYwNJ&autoplay=1&loop=1&controls=0&index=16
FWIW, here's my little script:

Code:
integer num_vids=22;
string baseURL="https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLUkrGoExgddqzm4yANc-Ns6ZGeO5aYwNJ&autoplay=1&loop=1&controls=0";
//========
integer new_index;
{
    state_entry()
    {
        integer new_index = llRound(llFrand(num_vids-1))+1;
        llParcelMediaCommandList([PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_URL,baseURL+"&index="+(string)new_index]);
        llSetTimerEvent(1800.0);
    }
    timer()
    {

if(llGetListLength(llGetAgentList(AGENT_LIST_PARCEL,[])) < 1)
        {
            integer new_index = llRound(llFrand(num_vids-1))+1;
            llParcelMediaCommandList([PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_URL,baseURL+"&index="+(string)new_index]);
        }
    }
}