Why people support Trump

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Apparently, they don't like 45. Or at least Ivana's poodle didn't, and the feeling was mutual, as it's obvious from his numerous bizarre "like a dog" comparisons.

Trump’s ex-wife Ivana wrote in her memoir about how much he hated her poodle Chappy, and Chappy hated Donald. He’s the only president in the last century who hasn’t kept a dog as a pet in the White House.
Dogs are very sensitive to people's personalities. In general, they can spot an asshole a mile away. No wonder Donald' doesn't like 'em.

Isabeau

The Conservative leader here (who just lost the election but it was close) compared samesex marriage people to dogs so... Maybe it's a thing for all of these types. It's strange because they all want to be the "alpha dog" yet have no respect for all their "underdogs" once they get at the top, if you see what I mean.

If I'm going to psycho-babble, I'm going to say it has to do with self hate and how they view themselves as losers when they feel they have to suck up to the leader, be yes men, until they get to be in power. They view those underneath them with scorn, so they know (believe) that is how those above them feel about them. By calling those below them dogs, what they mean is beta, i.e. obsequious, I think that is the word(?) like dogs can be.

Anyway, remember the other US politician, I forget his name blocked it out of my brain from Texas I think) who put his dog on top of his car hood in a cage?

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
Anyway, remember the other US politician, I forget his name blocked it out of my brain from Texas I think) who put his dog on top of his car hood in a cage?
Mitt Romney was the one who put his dog on the roof of his car for twelve hours.

Mike Huckabee's son was the guy who once killed a dog. He's from Arkansas.

Thad Cochran from Mississippi was known for his romantic encounters with farm animals.

But I bet if you look for a bit, you can also find a Texas Republican who abused a dog.

Last edited:

Ishina

SL Rez

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
My favorite lines in the link:
Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He's not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He's more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.
:applause:

:qft: