• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Living in Phoenix, I tend to avoid "normal" fast food with the abundance of drive-through Mexican places.

Dos tacos de pollo con arroz y frijoles
Horchata grande
Jalepenos
Salsa roja

I think the last time I had a FF chicken sandwich was Sonic, and it was pretty good.

And Sonic gives you the choice of grilled or deep-fried.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I love chicken. I love fried chicken. I love a good chicken sandwich. I haven't tried Popeye's chicken sandwich though. I actually haven't eaten Popeye's since 2003, when I was stationed in Japan, and they were the only chicken place on base. They were okay, but really greasy.

• 1Like

Clara D.

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I love chicken. I love fried chicken. I love a good chicken sandwich. I haven't tried Popeye's chicken sandwich though. I actually haven't eaten Popeye's since 2003, when I was stationed in Japan, and they were the only chicken place on base. They were okay, but really greasy.
KFC has gotten a lot better (at least the one near me). It used to be *so* greasy it gave me the runs.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
KFC has gotten a lot better (at least the one near me). It used to be *so* greasy it gave me the runs.
One thing I've noticed about KFC is the quality of the food is so different from restaurant to restaurant. I mean ALL fast food chains have this, but I've seen the most dramatic differences at KFCs and BKs.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Clara D.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
One thing I've noticed about KFC is the quality of the food is so different from restaurant to restaurant. I mean ALL fast food chains have this, but I've seen the most dramatic differences at KFCs and BKs.
You mean there are actually Burger Kings where the bottom of the bun doesn't fold over and drop huge glops of ketchup and mayo and lettuce and those red superthin tasteless things that are supposed to be tomatoes on your shirt and you have to try cleaning it off enough so no one at work notices when you come back from lunch but it never cleans all the way out?

THAT BK?

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
the only good chikin sammich is one made from the night before's roast chikin leftovers.

Intructions:
Get yure to pick over the chikin .. extracting maximum meaties.
shred the said meaties with fingers
lick fingers
add tartar sauce and freshly ground black pepper to the meaties
put the proceeds between 2 slices of bread of your choice that has been brushed with olive oil ON THE OUTSIDE
put sammich into preheated panini making thangie
squidge it down and cook till golden brown
EAT
lick fingers again.
herendethelesson.
please see pick of actual chikin sammich made by this superior method.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
I eat mainly chicken already - you could not pay me to eat something from Popeye's
I mean we can take this outside if you want.

KFCs side suck and their biscuts are anti flavor.

Orignal recipe is garbage and overrated.

Kfc = kinda fucking crappy.

Ok that's enough blatant disagreement and overt vitriol.

• 1Eye Roll
Reactions: Tigar

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
we no longer eat unlucky fried kitten.. nor mc gobbles... both result in explosive toilet habits.
better make your own

• 1Agree
Reactions: Archer

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I mean we can take this outside if you want.

KFCs side suck and their biscuts are anti flavor.

Orignal recipe is garbage and overrated.

Kfc = kinda fucking crappy.

Ok that's enough blatant disagreement and overt vitriol.
I didn't say anything about KFC. Their stuff is mediocre - but Popeye's is particularly bad, and their restaurants are often disgusting.

Clara D.

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I didn't say anything about KFC. Their stuff is mediocre - but Popeye's is particularly bad, and their restaurants are often disgusting.
Must be another KFC-thing where the quality depends heavily on the franchise or regional manager. The Popeye's here puts Church's Chicken & KFC to shame.

While it's a bit sideways from chicken, a consistent terrible grease-bomb of death is Long John Silvers.

If you want "seafood" that all tastes exactly the same no matter what you order because they fry it all in the same grease so it all tastes like cheap fish sticks. And is breaded so heavily some of the grease gets trapped under the breading and runs down your arm when you take a bite, then LJS is the place to go.

Last edited:

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I got food poisoning from KFC several years ago. Okay, so it was leftover, and had been in the fridge for nine days. Still, I can't think about eating KFC without turning a little green.

Clara D.

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
the only good chikin sammich is one made from the night before's roast chikin leftovers.

Intructions:
Get yure to pick over the chikin .. extracting maximum meaties.
shred the said meaties with fingers
lick fingers
add tartar sauce and freshly ground black pepper to the meaties
put the proceeds between 2 slices of bread of your choice that has been brushed with olive oil ON THE OUTSIDE
put sammich into preheated panini making thangie
squidge it down and cook till golden brown
EAT
lick fingers again.
herendethelesson.
please see pick of actual chikin sammich made by this superior method.

If I want to make my own chicken tacos I get one of those pre-roasted chickens from the butcher's part of the grocery store.

While more time consuming, it tastes *way* better than just getting some chicken breasts.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
If I want to make my own chicken tacos I get one of those pre-roasted chickens from the butcher's part of the grocery store.

While more time consuming, it tastes *way* better than just getting some chicken breasts.
I have a large grocery store nearby that has awesome rotisserie chicken!

Lady Darnk Juniorette

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
HEY NOW I CAN'T FLY OFF THE HANDLE AND NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS!!! REASON AND CALM DIZCORSE AZ NO PLACE IN IT!!

But I'd say popeyes is a case by case basis, like a dennys. Good ones and dear god no ones.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
Must be another KFC-thing where the quality depends heavily on the franchise or regional manager. The Popeye's here puts Church's Chicken & KFC to shame.

While it's a bit sideways from chicken, a consistent terrible grease-bomb of death is Long John Silvers.

If you want "seafood" that all tastes exactly the same no matter what you order because they fry it all in the same grease so it all tastes like cheap fish sticks. And is breaded so heavily some of the grease gets trapped under the breading and runs down your arm when you take a bite, then LJS is the place to go.
Hushpuppies are the only good thing at langjahns.