Who has played the latest Sims 4 additions?

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Of all things, I'm eyeing the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack as my next selection. For some reason it just looks like a lot of fun. Anyone else played with this?

And the Star Wars Game Pack looks wonderful, but does it live up to the visuals? Is it worth playing more than once or is it basically a one-and-done experience?

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Knitting is awesome, but....

the SW addition sucks, imo, and in a lot of other people's as well.

Its not really connected to the Sims, and its not really connected to Star Wars, and its not really the Disney World attraction.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
Snowy Escape is pretty fun if you’re up for the $40 price tag. Neither Star Wars or the Eco one looked interesting to me.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Snowy Escape is pretty fun if you’re up for the $40 price tag. Neither Star Wars or the Eco one looked interesting to me.
Eco is good, but it has some bugs/issues.

Star wars is just not good at anything its trying to be - though it does have some neat build mode things.

Snowy Escape is the best one yet, imo

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
Eco is good, but it has some bugs/issues.
I’ll probably buy Eco once it gets old enough for the 50% off sales they do, just because some of the utility-related functionality would be nice to have, but the actual game play seems kind of meh.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I’ll probably buy Eco once it gets old enough for the 50% off sales they do, just because some of the utility-related functionality would be nice to have, but the actual game play seems kind of meh.
It would be better if it worked better - even with my homemade mod, its hard to keep an area green.

And yeah, and I wouldn't say don't bother with the Stars Wars one, but I really regretted paying full price for it [but wanted to have it for my sims you-tube channel]
The build stuff is neat, and its amusing to go run around Batuu - but pay wise, its too much like Strangerville, with even less going into places and interacting.

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
Which is apparently now...
I just bought the Nifty Knitting for $5, so I'm best pleased.

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck installing The Sims 4 on my laptop (Surface Pro 7). I've tried twice and run into errors both times. I was really hoping I could play with my Sims as I sit and watch TV with Mrs. Beebo. :(

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
I started a new game to play Nifty Knitting, with Bourne Knitter as my main Sim. She's a young adult, and I'm halfway toward her next age milestone and something seemed... off. Something I knew should be there... somewhere... but what.... WHIMS! I remembered these things called Whims, but for some reason she doesn't have them, and I could swear I've always had them before.

WTF? It turns out they've been turned into a setting with a default state of Off. So all this time I've been playing without Whims and missing untold opportunities to gain rewards. WHO ASKED FOR THAT?

I need the Sims equivalent of a flight checklist. So much stuff to remember: Whims, Rewards, Aspirations, and the one I always forget: Lot traits.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I started a new game to play Nifty Knitting, with Bourne Knitter as my main Sim. She's a young adult, and I'm halfway toward her next age milestone and something seemed... off. Something I knew should be there... somewhere... but what.... WHIMS! I remembered these things called Whims, but for some reason she doesn't have them, and I could swear I've always had them before.

WTF? It turns out they've been turned into a setting with a default state of Off. So all this time I've been playing without Whims and missing untold opportunities to gain rewards. WHO ASKED FOR THAT?

I need the Sims equivalent of a flight checklist. So much stuff to remember: Whims, Rewards, Aspirations, and the one I always forget: Lot traits.
Also, I think patch pre-snowy escape adds longer term relationship things, but the term is escaping me.

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
I've reached Level 10 in Knitting, but I'm still working on my Lady of the Knits aspirations. This is every bit as fun as I hoped it would be and probably my favorite small add-on pack.

My sim is just about to turn into an Adult, so once I've finished my Aspirations, I'm going to concentrate on decorating the entire house with nothing but knitted objects.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
I just bought the Nifty Knitting for $5, so I'm best pleased.
That pack does sound interesting

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck installing The Sims 4 on my laptop (Surface Pro 7). I've tried twice and run into errors both times. I was really hoping I could play with my Sims as I sit and watch TV with Mrs. Beebo. :(
This is a joke: What you should do is play Sims ON the TV and tell Mrs. Beebo it's a new reality show.