White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki is having none of your sh*t

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Probably I'm mistaken but I thought, from what remember reading in retrospectives of the Trump era, that one of the many things that changed under Trump's regime was the role of the White House press secretary and the press conferences, from the minute Sean Spicer was pushed into an ill-fitting suit and told to go and tell transparent and pointless lies about the size of the inauguration crowd and about the weather. They didn't used to be the permanent subject of SNL skits.

Isn't this a return to normality?

• 2Agree
Reactions: Romana and Govi

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Isn't this a return to normality?
I'm returning to normal news patterns - once a day, rather than obsessively checking to see "what's he done now?" I imagine a properly running White House press office puts out releases in a timely manner, so the live briefings can be more like follow-up questions than doing major announcements in person.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
When the Press Secretary actually answers questions, most of the content goes into the stories that various reporters are working on. When the don't answer questions, the shitshow is the news.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I'm returning to normal news patterns - once a day, rather than obsessively checking to see "what's he done now?" I imagine a properly running White House press office puts out releases in a timely manner, so the live briefings can be more like follow-up questions than doing major announcements in person.
What Trump's press secretaries were doing was nothing to do with the normal duties of either a press secretary or a spin doctor -- Spicer's first conference, when he came out to tell bemused reporters obvious and pointless untruths about inauguration crowds. They were political theatre of some kind, pointless jousting with the media, in which the truthfulness of the answer was never the point of the exchange.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Psaki scorching someone sounds more like a clever mom discussing with you why you won't eat your vegetables.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I love how she doesn't just take "people are saying" questions without asking who they are talking about.
"A lot of Americans are saying..."

"Who are the Americans?"

"Former President Trump..."

"Barely American!"