Which Hand do you use?

Which hand is your primary hand(from Birth)?

• Total voters

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Was reading the forms right now and i got curious cause there seems to be allot of lefties here...
So i made a poll!

Which is your primary hand (from birth)?

Some people have different circumstances in which it has changed.

I write with my left, eat with my left and do most stuff using it first... i use the mouse with my right tho like most gamers.

Feel free to tell us about them if you like.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I voted for pie because it's complicated. Like Cris, I went to Catholic school and the nuns thought people who were left handed were demonically possessed (at least they thought I was possessed). :devilish: In any case, the nuns and my grandparents made sure I used my right hand (to the extent of tying my left one behind my back). So for writing and all, I'm right handed and for other things, like sports and lifting, I'm left handed because my left hand is more dexterous and the left arm is stronger. I can write with my left hand but I'm not so sure anyone could actually read what I wrote. For that matter, I'm not sure they can read my writing when I use my right hand.

• 1Like
Reactions: Ellie

WolfEyes

I voted for pie because it's complicated. Like Cris, I went to Catholic school and the nuns thought people who were left handed were demonically possessed (at least they thought I was possessed). :devilish: In any case, the nuns and my grandparents made sure I used my right hand (to the extent of tying my left one behind my back). So for writing and all, I'm right handed and for other things, like sports and lifting, I'm left handed because my left hand is more dexterous and the left arm is stronger. I can write with my left hand but I'm not so sure anyone could actually read what I wrote. For that matter, I'm not sure they can read my writing when I use my right hand.
The nuns were scared of my mother. Before I ever even started school she told me that if anyone, didn't matter if it was teacher, principle or whoever, anyone ever tried to force me to use my right hand to write to let her know because she wasn't about to allow them to abuse me like that. Hell, even I was scared of my mother. lol

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm evil-handed. However, I can use either hand with a number of different tasks - except for butt-wiping...

(I voted pie in my heart.)

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
From my post in Secret Confessions:

I was born left handed but was forced to write with my right hand in grade school by sadistic Catholic nun demons using this stupid thing on my pencil that would give me blisters. I actually adapted and do most things with my right hand, but when I write, I hold my pen like a left handed person in my right hand. I used to get ink on the side of my hand all the time because of it, but it is what feels most natural to me. I cannot write with my left hand, or hold my pen like a right handed person normally does.

• 1Thanks

WolfEyes

I do hold my pen like a right-handed person. Curling my wrist like most left-handers do isn't possible for me. I don't see how others could stand the pain.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Ulcer💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
Left handed in everything but using scissors and using a mouse.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Ulcer💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
I do hold my pen like a right-handed person. Curling my wrist like most left-handers do isn't possible for me. I don't see how others could stand the pain.
I just take the smudges and try to use pens that don't take long to dry, I've tried to do the wrist curl and that gets uncomfortable real quick.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Soen Eber

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Am I the only one who assumed this was about masturbation?
From my post in the other thread:

There's one other thing that I have done exclusively with my left hand, but um....well...you know.
Not limited to self, though.

WolfEyes

I just take the smudges and try to use pens that don't take long to dry, I've tried to do the wrist curl and that gets uncomfortable real quick.
You know how right handed people turn the page they are writing on at an angle? Try using the opposite angle. You won't get near as much ink on your hand if any at all.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Ulcer💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
You know how right handed people turn the page they are writing on at an angle? Try using the opposite angle. You won't get near as much ink on your hand if any at all.
I do do that, but when you're writing more than one sentence, it still gets you with the smudge!

WolfEyes

I do do that, but when you're writing more than one sentence, it still gets you with the smudge!
Then try lifting your hand off the page a bit instead of resting it on the paper. I know that is what we were taught (resting on paper) but that is what causes the ink to smear. Not the fact that you are using your left hand to write.

Sid

Coffee lover.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
I'm left handed by birth and just like Cris and others at school they enforced writing with the right hand in those days.
That made me pretty much ambidextrous over the years. With a few odd exceptions: I can't eat soup with my right hand, I only draw with my left one and in the time that I played football I used mainly my left foot.
I never developed a typical teachers handwriting because of the enforced right handed writing, but I wrote on the black board ambidextrous, depending on which side of the classroom I liked to keep an eye on without turning around completely.

• 1Like

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Ulcer💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
Then try lifting your hand off the page a bit instead of resting it on the paper. I know that is what we were taught (resting on paper) but that is what causes the ink to smear. Not the fact that you are using your left hand to write.
I've tried that, makes my handwriting look like drunken chicken scratches.

Yet again my handwriting varies wildly from what pen/pencil I'm using, how high/low my elbow is resting and if my hand is at the edge of the paper or notebook. Seriously right handed people don't know how good they have it when it comes to writing.

• 1Thanks

WolfEyes

I've tried that, makes my handwriting look like drunken chicken scratches.

Yet again my handwriting varies wildly from what pen/pencil I'm using, how high/low my elbow is resting and if my hand is at the edge of the paper or notebook. Seriously right handed people don't know how good they have it when it comes to writing.
Ok. I understand. I went through the same thing. I have one more suggestion but it's a bit of a pain. Place an extra (small) sheet of paper between your hand and the page you are writing on. It may even help your writing to be smoother but it's a bit of a pain because you have to keep moving the paper as you write. Don't bother trying tape though. That doesn't work. Although duct tape isn't too bad if you make sure the edges don't connect with the paper. :LOL:

You could also try something like an eyeglass cleaning cloth. But you might need to tape it to your hand. :whistle:

I used to envy right handed people. Used to. Until I found out some of them were actually a bit jealous that they weren't left handed, too. :D