Where is Islandz ( InWorldz 2.0)??

Aztek

http://www.virtualkennelclub.com
SL Rez
I thought that Elania and company were supposed to have a website up a few months ago and things happening by now. Anyone have an update?

• 1Like
Reactions: Daniel Voyager

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
Best I can tell they (mainly Elenia and Jim Tarber) are farting around with AWS, working on the web page, and trying to overcome Halcyon vs Opensim technical issues. The Islandz discord channel is the best source of info as far as I know, click this Islandz Channel Invite (which expires in 1 day) or search discord for Islandz.

TLDR: They're working on it, no firm timelines, better off just doing Second Life or an Opensim till something happens either way.

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
TLDR: They're working on it, no firm timelines, better off just doing Second Life or an Opensim till something happens either way.
In the meanwhile, Hannibal, Macphisto and several other OG inworldz peeps would be happy to have you over at Infiniti grid.

I'm there (sorry! :'( ), it's cozy and we've got some neat stuff going on (currently working on a mentor's region and getting into the hypergrid-wide Farming game).

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Ah, so they are making progress in founding the next grid to let go broke. Marvelous.
Like kitely, like 3rdrock grid, like zetaworldz, like digiworldz, like greatcanadiangrid, like ...?

Yeah, Avination was wildly mismanaged, and Beth managed to spectacularly cock up Inworldz at the end, but there are grids out there that are better managed and are keeping their heads above water. It's not an exorable line from opening to bankruptcy

So GTFO with your FUD, bro.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Well, the style how inWorldz was being run as a business is no FUD, but documented: always making minor/no profit, getting a loan and hoping to be able to pay it back on time. This is by no means necessarry a good way to run a business for years. A business should be able to make profit, and to run on its own after a while, which inWorldz never did.

Since the driving force behind inWorldz and Islandz is the same person, Beth Reischl, and given how the last grid was being mismanaged by her, I don't have really high hopes for it, and why should I? Same person, different grid, and I doubt that she learned something. Most programmers are just no good business people, and so far she's not shown any sign in the past that she is an exception.

• 1Like
Reactions: Aztek

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Well, the style how inWorldz was being run as a business is no FUD, but documented: always making minor/no profit, getting a loan and hoping to be able to pay it back on time. This is by no means necessarry a good way to run a business for years. A business should be able to make profit, and to run on its own after a while, which inWorldz never did.

Since the driving force behind inWorldz and Islandz is the same person, Beth Reischl, and given how the last grid was being mismanaged by her, I don't have really high hopes for it, and why should I? Same person, different grid, and I doubt that she learned something. Most programmers are just no good business people, and so far she's not shown any sign in the past that she is an exception.
Durrr...right. I misunderstood your point and I apologize. I had a brainfart because "Islandz" doesn't even exist, and between you and I it's doubtful it ever will.

This feels just like when Avination closed and supposedly it was coming back "any day now" ...but never did.

I can think of some programmers that are good business ppl but yeah -we saw how she handled the end of Inworldz and it's safe to say she's not one of them!

Aztek

SL Rez
The Islandz discord channel is the best source of info as far as I know, click this Islandz Channel Invite (which expires in 1 day) or search discord for Islandz.
If that's their best source of info, it doesn't say much. Its a month of Elania talking about trying to find ways of NOT having to use Paypal. Seeing as she owes them thousands, I suspect she is not welcome there.

Aztek

SL Rez
In the meanwhile, Hannibal, Macphisto and several other OG inworldz peeps would be happy to have you over at Infiniti grid.

I'm there (sorry! :'( ), it's cozy and we've got some neat stuff going on (currently working on a mentor's region and getting into the hypergrid-wide Farming game).
I hadnt seen news that they had opened - thats great!

Tracer

The account and IP opt-in page is live. Logins (to a Welcome region & sandbox) due tomorrow.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Can you jump in it?

Tracer

Broke as in functionality or finances? :)

Not all functionality is implemented yet, but everything I've tried works.

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
I've been asked, so I'll restate this for now as this is our official statement.

Luskwood will not be returning or opt-in at this time, we are watching the situation with islandz.

• 1Sad
Reactions: Daniel Voyager