Where is Islandz ( InWorldz 2.0)??

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
Is it broke yet?
Maybe. The link to the opt-in page gives a "server not found" error.

But it might be a temporay glitch of course.

Edit: It was a temporary glitch. It's back now.

Last edited:
  • 1ROFL
Reactions: Han Held

Csnow

I’d consider making an account and logging in but I’d like the money back that I lost when inworldz folded. It wasn’t much but it was earned income from my store.

• 1Hug

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
I’d consider making an account and logging in but I’d like the money back that I lost when inworldz folded. It wasn’t much but it was earned income from my store.
I wouldn't consider it, were I in your shoes

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I just heard a rumor that the creators trying to run Islandz have thrown in the towel. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Well that's a shame. I suppose after what happened to InWorldz, there was not enough trust or interest left over to get the new grid off the ground.

Tracer

Among other things, they WAAAAAAY underestimated the amount of effort required to filter the OARs so that only assets made by creators who opted-in would be restored. And the results were fields of plywood cubes, since textures on objects and sculpt textures have no creator info.

It would have worked out better if they had just deleted all the assets and started from scratch.

Sid

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Trying to run such a grid with very little staff is like a juggler holding 9 balls in the air.
If one or more balls fall a few times, for whatever reason, the act is ruined.

• 1Agree
Joined SLU
July 2007
SLU Posts
From what I saw of Inworldz it was mostly populated by former SL residents who felt they had been pushed too far by the Lindens over this or that issue. And it's hard to build a profitable/sustainable business when your primary audience is another company's bitter ex-clients who want something that's essentially the same product but cheaper and less arbitrary in its choices. This seems true of OpenSim in general, but Inworldz was looking to make a decent amount of money and I'm not convinced that was ever going to happen.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Han Held and Aztek

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
If they try again with yet another Islandz I will be all in without any reservations. Nobody has more experience creating new grids, and it will be fantastic!