WTF What would make someone put this out into the Twitter verse?

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Bro was trying pretty hard to be a Wonkette carbon copy.

Ariadne Korda

Maybe not lurking so much now
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
WTF?

So why do I love cats? From a deep seated desire to serve royalty?
I prefer to think of it as a mixture of masochism, admiration, and challenge. And what, really, could be better than a cat purring. Who was it that said that a cat's head fits naturally into a human hand.

We try to get our cats inside in the afternoon during the silly heat. This afternoon, one was in the bathroom washbasin, one was in the bath, and the third has discovered that the chair nearest the A/C is a Good Place to Be. I admire their intelligence.

I am rather happy to serve. Not sure what this says about me, either. But I'd rather serve feline royalty than an orange dictator.

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Perhaps Twitter could be renamed Fuckwitter and the people who use it could then officially be called Fuckwits. Because that's really all the platform is good for. Fuckwittery.

I have no idea if Danielle/ladypalerider was being serious and I'm not about to delve into the realm of fuckwittery that is Twitter. Assuming for a moment that she is serious, she deserves the fuckwit title. She's a bit like PRS; everything's about America and everything's about race :p

• 1Agree
Reactions: Han Held

Ariadne Korda

Maybe not lurking so much now
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I started off hating Twitter. Then I followed a couple of really interesting journalists and other people (writers I like, among others).

I think a lot depends on how you use it and what you choose to follow.

I am rather fond of God on Twitter.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Uggh, twitter. The obligatory "would you kill baby hitler" discussion went around. In answering I then tried explaining changing a historical event presents the problem that you may cause an even WORSE history to unravel .... and got attacked by both sides.

Trying to explain philosophical arguments in 280 characters is a bad idea.

Zaida Gearbox

People put all kinds of horrible shit on Twitter. I mean have you gone there? There's YouTube videos of actors reading something called "Thirsty Tweeting" which is pervy tweets people make about them. I saw one where Gerry Butler was reading some of them - and I was just horrified that someone would say some of that shit on a public platform.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I have to confess: I only now Twitter through VVO. Sometimes I click on a Twitter-link presented on this marvelous site and that's all.
Never had an account, and frankly I don't see, why I should.
Should I see a shrink about that?

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I find that twitter varies. If it is someone I know it is handy. If it is someone I do not know though usually an argument will form.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I thought of Twitter and Facebook as yawning voids of time-suck, and didn't make accounts. I had better things to do. In retrospect, I dodged a bullet. Now Reddit is different. I can narrow it down to the subjects I'm interested in (science, space, and technology) in a multireddit, and get a one-click custom feed.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer