What SL Features Would You Like To See Added?

Fenix

I know how it's spelled!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 9, 2012
Ah I understand now. Yeah, adding that to the list of overrides would be nice too.

The typing overrides that materialize prop keyboards work on the same principle as the original animation overrides: check agent status constantly in a very tight loop, if we detect the avatar is in the typing state, stop the default animation and start a custom one instead. It's trivial to add in an extra line to also trigger an invisible attachment to become visible at this time as well.

But to do that you need to have a constantly running loop always polling the agent status... which nullifies most of the benefits of using llSetAnimationOverride.

Unless... what if they added a new event that gives you the agent status similar to how control events do. That way you could have scripts react when an avatar does something instead of constantly checking them every 0.2 seconds. It could be used to trigger other effects like materializing props when you type, for example.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Sansarya

Just Sans
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Pay or hire the person who made the Lumiya viewer and continue developing it as an official SL viewer. I only log in from my phone now. The Lumiya viewer needs upgrades, but I understand the developer is MIA?

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Pay or hire the person who made the Lumiya viewer and continue developing it as an official SL viewer. I only log in from my phone now. The Lumiya viewer needs upgrades, but I understand the developer is MIA?
They should definitely do this. It's such a nice actual viewer for mobile. not some weird subscription based client thing like some other mobile "viewers".

With the popularity of mobile, I am surprised there isn't an official mobile client.

Also, FWIW, it works on desktop Android too. The controls feel wonkey because it's mobile controls on what feels like a regular desktop, but it works.

• 1Agree

Conifer Dada

There's always time for another coffee.
SL Rez
I replied to this earlier with three ideas - one was to improve the 'system' avatar a bit, the second was a built-in land rental system and the third was enabling land owners to set a maximum avatar complexity for people visiting their land.

I would also like to see some improvements to the in-world building system. This would include some extra prim shapes, the ability to slice across a prim at any angle, the introduction of hinges and joints that don't rely on scripts and the ability to link something to free end of a flexible prim so that it moves with that end. Finally it would be good if there was an in-world button that you could click that would convert your prim creation, with all its textures, into an optimised mesh object. Obviously this wouldn't compete with imported mesh for complex things like dresses, hair, cars or animals, but for things like buildings it would be very useful.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
has anyone mentioned updating the friend list itself?

Being able to sort people into custom group list, see who hasn't logged in in years... give personal nicknames to people so i can easily identify them.. actually be able to login without anyone noticing....

you would think this would be simple to implement..

• 1Like

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Finally it would be good if there was an in-world button that you could click that would convert your prim creation, with all its textures, into an optimised mesh object. Obviously this wouldn't compete with imported mesh for complex things like dresses, hair, cars or animals, but for things like buildings it would be very useful.
I think Firestorm can do this, though you have to reupload the mesh the proper route for it to appear in world.

Anouk

'Return to last position' for everyone. To my knowledge, this function is only available if your land is on a very specific 0,0,0 location, otherwise it's borked. Not sure why it shouldn't be doable and it would be a lifesaver in so many situations.

Better Marketplace filtering, as already mentioned. And omg definitely BAN sellers from listing pages and pages and pages and pages of the same damn item in different colours, or the same friggin t-shirt with a slightly different crappy logo!!! :mad:

A million times agree with nixing the costs for photos and texture uploads. The amount we already pay in tier and everything else, these poxy little L$10 for every snapshot or texture really mount up and are just additional unnecessary money grabbing. Or....maybe waive these for Premium members? We already pay for Premium so make this an extra and actually worthwhile benefit.

OrinB

I'm here...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
'Return to last position' for everyone. To my knowledge, this function is only available if your land is on a very specific 0,0,0 location, otherwise it's borked. Not sure why it shouldn't be doable and it would be a lifesaver in so many situations.
It works if you have group access to the 0,0,0 origin too. So mainland is a problem. Rental estates can always parcel off that small section and add to a common land group so it will work for renters.

Anouk

It works if you have group access to the 0,0,0 origin too. So mainland is a problem. Rental estates can always parcel off that small section and add to a common land group so it will work for renters.
Thanks Orin. My main parcel is mainland so yeah - that's a pain. I didn't know about the rental option though. That's handy to know.

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
Limit number of avatars that can access a land partition in proportion to the limit of the region, so if you want to use up the whole region avatar limit with your nightclub you have to own the whole damn region, and if you can afford only 25% of a region you only get 25% of the region's avatar limit.

Ability to rez an object minus components of that object, been unable to rez an object because it has no-copy items in it (or something brilliant like that)

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
It works if you have group access to the 0,0,0 origin too. So mainland is a problem.
It's not. When I had Funadama I used to use that feature all of the time.

I miss the hell out of it, too.

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Limit number of avatars that can access a land partition in proportion to the limit of the region, so if you want to use up the whole region avatar limit with your nightclub you have to own the whole damn region, and if you can afford only 25% of a region you only get 25% of the region's avatar limit.
A mainland region is typically set to a 40 avatar limit. A 512 sq m parcel is 1/64 of a sim. So you couldn't even use your own parcel. And even if you have a 1024 you couldn't invite a friend.

• 1Thanks

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
A mainland region is typically set to a 40 avatar limit. A 512 sq m parcel is 1/64 of a sim. So you couldn't even use your own parcel. And even if you have a 1024 you couldn't invite a friend.
If no one parcel could use up the entire region's limit then that limit could be raised considerably, the formula to determine partition avatar limits doesn't have to have lowest value of zero (though my original example implied that). Or maybe just get rid of the region avatar limit and replace it with a per parcel-size system

I think if you have your home set on a region then that region's avatar limit being filled doesn't stop you from going home, or am I remembering that wrong?

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
So if you only have 1024 square meters you can't even enter your own parcel, because 64 > 40. A lot of people still have First Land sized parcels at 512 square meters.

This doesn't scale down.

• 1Agree