What is the draw of Sansar?

EmpressOfCommunism

Feted Inner Collective Farmer <3
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The description of the staff and bigtime creators being paranoid, abusive, sex-phobic, and prone to shady business practices already sounds so much like our own SL in many ways! I wish it was a more functional product, they could take all those types away and let the ship sink with them on it.

Mal

It really runs like crap for me in VR which put me off. My RTX2060 runs everything else fine. Maybe it isn't optimized for my card. VRChat has it totally licked anyway. I'd probably be depressed if I worked for Sansar knowing how much better VRChat does .

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Look to High Fidelity. Not only have they kept at it for longer than Sansar and with just as poor a prospect, they even got somebody to invest fresh capital into it recently.
And High Fidelity is actually interesting. It's got the goofy feel of early SL, while Sansar has the corporate feel of Blue Mars. And there's regular town halls with Phillip and you run into him now and then just doing stuff.

Hifi is also completely usable in desktop and headset modes, and you get a mix of both users and people switching between them depending on what they're doing.

Sansar not so much. I found desktop movement in Sansar worse than in IMVU - which technically doesn't even have movement.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer