What Are You Listening To?

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Been listening to Dragon and Toto... sort of. Calm night and the music from the concert carried.

Free

I am your polar opposite opposite
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
I never liked "Do You Realize" but... yeah. =^-^=
... and I'm working on emulating that fuzz sound. Not sure if I should be using a bass or guitar. (o.o)

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
I never liked "Do You Realize" but... yeah. =^-^=
... and I'm working on emulating that fuzz sound. Not sure if I should be using a bass or guitar. (o.o)
To my (no longer golden ...) ears it sounds like fairly straight bass doubling the spectacularly distorted lead guitar. How they got that level of distortion is at least hinted at in this little interview: https://www.bassplayer.com/artists/michael-ivins-on-the-joy-of-effects

Long-distance Brush with Greatness story: I once met the father of one of the Lips, who was quite amazed that I a) had ever heard of them, and b) even more amazingly, liked them. He seemed to still be in Dad Mode, i.e., "He should get a real job and stop all this foolishness with this silly band!"

• 1Like
Reactions: Worthless Whore

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
In an interview, Brian Eno said that his mum asked him once when he was going to give up music and get a real job. While sitting in a house he bought them with the proceeds of his music career.

Last edited:

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
To my (no longer golden ...) ears it sounds like fairly straight bass doubling the spectacularly distorted lead guitar. How they got that level of distortion is at least hinted at in this little interview: https://www.bassplayer.com/artists/michael-ivins-on-the-joy-of-effects

Long-distance Brush with Greatness story: I once met the father of one of the Lips, who was quite amazed that I a) had ever heard of them, and b) even more amazingly, liked them. He seemed to still be in Dad Mode, i.e., "He should get a real job and stop all this foolishness with this silly band!"
Great article. And, it's funny he mentioned the projector speaker. Part of my attempt to nail that distortion involved a giant speaker I dug out of a bizarre old PA-combo-amp-speaker-box-thing. In spite of its size the cone is super thin paper and behaves almost like a mid-boost.

... and he's right about the BF-2. I've got a green label, myself. =^-^=

Free

I am your polar opposite opposite
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts