What are you craving RIGHT NOW?

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Shoot you know what I haven't had in like a decade? A nice gyros. There were actual gyro shops in Cleveland that like that was their whole thing. Here, I don't think the grocery store even carries tzatziki sauce, let alone sliced lamb steak. I'd have to buy like a whole big cut of meat, and make everything completely from scratch, and I so don't want to do all that just to treat myself to gyros for one night.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I ordered Walker’s shortbread from Amazon. They were just plain out of anything else I wanted, at least at a normal price. Cookies are a high calorie survival food, right?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm suddenly desiring stuffed peppers...

• 1Love
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Getting close to finishing up my work day and I'm thinking about the thinly sliced center cut pork chops I have in the fridge.

I plan to season them with garlic, cumin and pepper, cook them in olive oil, and drop some Havarti cheese on top before they're done. Only question is, should I turn them into sandwiches, or not? Sandwiches make for faster eating (and no plate to clean after), but I want to serve peas alongside them, and peas make a crappy sandwich side.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
Getting close to finishing up my work day and I'm thinking about the thinly sliced center cut pork chops I have in the fridge.

I plan to season them with garlic, cumin and pepper, cook them in olive oil, and drop some Havarti cheese on top before they're done. Only question is, should I turn them into sandwiches, or not? Sandwiches make for faster eating (and no plate to clean after), but I want to serve peas alongside them, and peas make a crappy sandwich side.
PEAS IN SANDWICH!!!

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I didn't have the chops as sandwiches. Also added carrots to the veggies side.

So...Peas and carrots, and some (very) nicely cooked center cut chops sliced so thin I can cut into 'em with a fork. I had a great dinner tonight.

*pats tummy*

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Tomorrow is vegan poutine (frites avec sauce et fromage) ... in the fridge now but I am trying not to be constantly eating during this.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Not sure if I call this a craving...

I have some leftover hamburg I need to use up tonight, and decided to go with a very old comfort meal my mom used to cook up (when she had a pile of hamburg and didn't want to put a lot of work into it). Basically, I take the hamburg, season it up with whatever's handy (lots of garlic and pepper this time!), and cook it with a mix of tomato and onion* slices. I brown the meat about half-way before dropping in the onions, then as I get close to finishing, I drain the fat, spread the tomatoes on top and heat that up.

*My mother would tell her friends she could put tomatoes and onions in my cereal and I would eat it. Thankfully she never tested that theory.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sounds good to me.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Isabeau

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'm craving fresh corn on the cob, and I have some, but I don't know what to make with it. I have hamburger but no buns, hot dogs but no buns (but I could wrap them in biscuits) or maybe a chicken breast? I don't feel like making my own buns today. I'm leaning toward the hot dogs.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm having a late-night craving for pickles.

/me trudges off to raid the fridge.