Wendell Potter, former health insurance exec, debunks health care "choice"

Zaida Gearbox

Choice? What fucking choice? I have to take what my fucking employer offers because as shitty as it is - it's better and more affordable than anything I could get from the exchange.

Did you guys know that some employers/insurance companies now penalize you if you cover your spouse on your insurance - because they want your spouse to get insurance from their own employer. But, what if my spouse lost their job? Fuck you. What if my spouse is a stay at home parent? REALLY fuck you. What if my insurance is just better than what their employer offers? Too fucking bad.

Oh and when I worked for the state of VA - I covered Spawn under employee plus one. Apparently that's not fucking allowed. If the extra person you're covering is a kid - you HAVE to take a family plan because well - fuck you. That's why. And it's not just my shit employer. I have friend in NC who recently got married who's been railing about it as well.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Oh and Brits - your NHS might not be perfect but PLEASE do not let the Torries fuck you out of it. Seriously.
Looks like only the English and Welsh are in immediate danger, the rest of Brits already seem to have initiated their backup plans...

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

danielravennest

SLU Posts
This is an uncalculated cost of the us system. Every office in the country, no matter how small, needs to have several ppl in the office just to deal with each plan.
Exactly. My sister-in-law worked for an eye surgeon as an office administrator. Most of her job was dealing with insurance companies so they could get paid.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Exactly. My sister-in-law worked for an eye surgeon as an office administrator. Most of her job was dealing with insurance companies so they could get paid.
What frustrates me is the insurance companies think they know more than the doctors. It is pretty common knowledge that you usually want to keep an epilepsy patient on whatever brand or generic they are on. Even in antiepileptics that should be the same the slight difference in innactive ingredidients changes the response to it. I have had seizures because a company thought they knew better and would send me the generic. I have seen them arguing with my drs assistant about if I needed what the doctor said.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna