Weird graphical glitchiness?

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Hey guys, I've been having this weird issue for the last, I wanna say month or two. Every once in a while in Second Life, a texture on an object will have these square patches of glitchiness on it; viz:

So what is causing this? It only happens in Second Life, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I use Firestorm if it means anything - has anyone else been experiencing it?

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
Edit it and look at the wireframe and see if there are any prims that have surfaces nearly at deck level. I don't think that's going to be it, as it seems to repeat with the texture.

If you don't figure it out, try some adhesive remover.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Nah it's nothing wrong with that object. If I relogged it would likely look fine, and maybe tomorrow I would see glitch-patches on some completely different texture on another sim.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Have you updated your graphics drivers lately? You mention it only happens in SL, not anywhere else. Do you run any other OpenGL apps?

My bet is on a graphics driver issue.

• 1Thanks

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
That looks a bit like the materials patches are mismatched to the main texture patch. Are you seeing it in different lighting conditions? Or are you always on exactly the same graphics settings?

NVM it happens elsewhere too :-/

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks

Val

n00b!1
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
Try updating drivers or a clean install of them. Do you have integrated graphics maybe? If yes, double check SL is running on your dedicated gpu and not those.

• 1Thanks

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I have a driver from December on the card now. A new one came out just at the end of last month, and nothing in the release highlights seems relevant, but I will install the new software and see if it makes a difference. It may take a couple of days for the glitches to appear, so I'll keep an eye out. Hopefully it is just some weird driver thing.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
I noticed some face glitches where you get interference between close layers in the distance. but as soon as i zoomed in on them they disappeared. they looked similar to your images, but only form a distance.