Weird Food Combinations You Enjoy

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I've been known to dip garlic sticks in whipped cream.

DON'T JUDGE ME

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I can't think of anything off hand personally. I've known several people on the west coast that would put Sriracha on pretty much everything. I remember this guy ordered three raw eggs in a cheap restaurant, broke them into a glass and swallowed them down. My stomach wrenched a little while I pretended not to observe him.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
My husband looks at me like I'm from another planet whenever I spoon chili onto a bowl of rice. (Of course, I also generously sprinkle shredded cheddar on it.)

It can't be that weird, can it?

Oh, and ketchup on eggs? I've done it plenty of times in the Navy. It was often a matter of necessity.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
My husband looks at me like I'm from another planet whenever I spoon chili onto a bowl of rice. (Of course, I also generously sprinkle shredded cheddar on it.)

It can't be that weird, can it?

Oh, and ketchup on eggs? I've done it plenty of times in the Navy. It was often a matter of necessity.
I, often, make a bowl of rice to go with my chili. I add a few tablespoons of it to my bowl. I also add onions, sour cream and shredded cheddar.

A family member of mine used to put ketchup on everything, even turkey.

PepperAnne

Well, aren't you a little ray of pitch black
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Pink sauce (mayo+ketchup mixed, sometimes with other stuff like pickle juice or vinegar) on steamed peas

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Jolene Benoir
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I, often, make a bowl of rice to go with my chili. I add a few tablespoons of it to my bowl. I also add onions, sour cream and shredded cheddar.
The onions, sour cream and shredded cheddar sound totally normal. Now I want some. The rice could be ok.

Cooked or raw?
Raw and diced for me, no idea what Jolene likes.

Well shoot, I was just about to make some with a can of chili but no can. TV dinner enchilada instead.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Cooked or raw?
Both, actually, if you count the onions that I saute with the meat when I'm making it. In this case, though, I was referring to raw onions that I add to it at the table.

ETA: A bit like so, but with much less cheese.

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Also, not sure if this counts as a weird food combo, but when I make pork chops, especially boneless ones, they need some protection from the heat to stay moist.

I start by seasoning the pork, usually with cajun, then dip in flour and shake for a very light coating. I continue by dipping it in a mixture of a beaten egg with one tbsp of either ground or dijon mustard mixed in with the egg, then coat it in an equal mixture of shredded parmesan/crushed pretzels (I use the stick pretzels and crush them in a baggie). I pan fry it in for 3-5 minutes per side in my already hot and oiled cast iron pan, depending on thickness.

Some people might find the pretzel part odd, but they make for a great coating and parmesan is always good. The mustard added to the egg helps everything hold together better plus gives some more flavor.

Last edited:

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent diminished middle 💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
I used to make english muffin pizzas with cocktail sauce in place of pizza sauce.

Other than that I can't really think of any.

Oh and microwaved bologna and cheese sandwiches.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Peanut butter and tuna.

In a pita sandwich or flour tortilla with veggies and sesame oil, a little rice vinegar and or lime, chilli paste, or in a stir fry...

Peanut butter and lettuce sandwich on white sliced bread makes me think of my youth.

Kokoro Fasching

Horseradish and peanutbutter and grape jelly sandwiches. they mix together so well.

spicy sausage and mashed sweet potato in inari pockets.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Isabeau