Weird animation issue

Anouk

Midnight Fluffer
SL Rez
Hey guys - I hope I haven't missed this already posted somewhere ...

The last couple of days I've had the weirdest thing happening to my avi. When I log in, my avi is hunched over in a bizarre 'woe is me' position, rocking back and forth on her heels.

After a bit of faffing about the other night, I managed to stop it from happening - not sure what I did to eventually stop it. But I've logged back in again tonight and same thing again. Hunched over rocking on her knees. And if I walk, she has a weird 'old man' walk. I've tried:

- relogging
- detaching and re-attaching my AO hud (the issue stops when I take the AO off and starts again when I put it back on).
- tried resetting scripts in the AO
- stopping all animations
- tried reverting to basic default avatar (issue stops then and re-starts when I put on a regular 'me' outfit)

Anyone seen this happen and got any ideas? I'm assuming it must be something to do with the AO hud (Huddlez Delux Animator), but I don't even have these animations loaded!

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
regular 'me' outfit
Problem somewhere here.

Anyone seen this happen and got any ideas? I'm assuming it must be something to do with the AO hud (Huddlez Delux Animator), but I don't even have these animations loaded!
Remove the Huddle and see if it clears up. If it does, try resetting the Huddle right down to the scripts. Edit - Contents tab - Reset Scripts

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Anouk

Anouk

Midnight Fluffer
SL Rez
Thanks Kamilah. I've reset the scripts in the hud and seems to have fixed it for now. Have to see if it does it again when I next log in.

Anouk

Midnight Fluffer
SL Rez
Fumbleclicked? Derp? In SL??? I don't know what you could possible mean!

Suffice to say my avi is back to rocking and whining like she's begging for a bank loan. This is too weird. I can jiggle stuff and kick stuff til it stops but then it's back again the next day. Gotta love those 'intermittant' issues :(

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
If the HUD has a means of latching yourself in the crouching position (the default keyboard command is "Page Down"), you might look for that. Or look for accidental depressions of that key.

I regularly would hit the insert key without noticing and then wonder why my word processor program started doing type-over rather than normally inserting. I have to keep the "sleep" key covered on my keyboard because it's right above the Escape key.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Computers in Canada often ship with both English and French keyboards installed. Ctrl+Shift toggles them. How often do you do that key combo in SL while camming around?

Anyhoo, Tuty's has some decent Bento AOs for not a lot of L$. Maybe it's time for a new AO. :)

• 1Like

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
Maybe before chucking the whole thing, run an llGetAnimationList(llGetOwner())

It has been approximately four score and seven years since I wrote LSL but this might work. (Or, it might be the beginning of the end of SL ....) Pop it in a prim while you're crouching and whinging .... llGetAnimationList has some limitations, but it might turn up the culprit animation.

state_entry()
{
llOwnerSay((string)llGetAnimationList(llGetOwner()));
}

The more I look at it, that's pretty much guaranteed not to work, but I think you know some scripting and might turn it into something useful.

• 1Thanks

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
I'm pretty sure that was me a few years ago.

I mean, even Second Life can be stressful sometimes...

• 1Hug

Anouk

Midnight Fluffer
SL Rez
It really is the most bizarre thing. I completely detached the hud and it's still happening. And the fact that I do the hunched over rocking when I'm standing still, and my walk is also hunched over old man walk. I found that animation explorer thingy in the menu and that was showing an odd animation with a random long numbers and letters name, which was triggering the animations. But I couldn't find any way to track down what is was. Now the AO hud is detached, that strangely named animation isn't showing in the list, but the avi is still hunching over. It's the fact that it continues to do it when the AO hud is detached is what freaks me out.

My initial thought was that the hud was knackered, but clearly it's not that if it's still happening once the hud is detached. I then figured maybe it's something with the entire avi itself. So maybe a bit by bit rebuild of the avi is also another test to see if there's something within the mesh body or head or hands that may have gone bonkers.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
If you're removing the HUD and the animation still plays, you may need to use the Stop All Animations tool. Most viewers have it built in. Alternately, take off HUD and relog.

The string of letters and numbers is probably the animation UUID.

Try a different sim. If it clears up in other sims, it's something in your sim you have granted permissions to.

If it's not the HUD and it's not restricted to your sim, it's something else you're wearing on your av. Strip down and put things back on one by one.

I now have an idea for a revenge jewelry line for exes, where if they break up their gifts can be commanded to go berzerk.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Did you inadvertently go into "crouch"? 'C' or 'PageDown'

• 1Minion
Reactions: Govi

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Did you inadvertently go into "crouch"? 'C' or 'PageDown'
That tends to only play the animation while the key is depressed, unless you've some gesture/animation set to it with no end.

I'd detach everything, relog as a fully naked and see if it happens. If not then attach one bit of kit and see if it happens, rinse repeat. Perhaps a bit of jewelry or such has gotten funky after the weirdness that was going on in SL last week/this weekend.

PandoraB

Its maybe a long shot but you're using FS? Maybe accidently activated the build in AO, and maybe there is an animation tied to the idle stance?

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
That tends to only play the animation while the key is depressed, unless you've some gesture/animation set to it with no end.

I'd detach everything, relog as a fully naked and see if it happens. If not then attach one bit of kit and see if it happens, rinse repeat. Perhaps a bit of jewelry or such has gotten funky after the weirdness that was going on in SL last week/this weekend.
I've had it be a toggle instead of a "crouch-on-push." (Firestorm) Messed with me for a bit because I though my ao had lost it.

• 1Thanks

Stora

SL Rez
I'm going to stick my neck out and say this is an intermittent hardware issue caused by a sticky page down key. :sneaky: