Warner Confirms New Streaming Service Will Be Called HBO Max

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Better than ATT TV which I kept hearing.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I thought HBO already had a streaming service?

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I heard that both Friends and The Office are going to leave Netflix and go to that service. Reportedly they are 2 of the most popular TV shows on Netflix.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I thought HBO already had a streaming service?
They do. HBO has a good brand reputation, so they are going to be putting all the other shows under that brand. They are competing with brands like Netflix and Disney, so they need something big to compete.

Romana

SL Rez
I heard that both Friends and The Office are going to leave Netflix and go to that service. Reportedly they are 2 of the most popular TV shows on Netflix.
I saw an ad for HBOMax, it mentioned some good-sounding new shows. Waiting to see about pricing, though. If Max costs a max amount of $ I'll have to drop regular HBO.
All these streaming services. It can get as expensive as cable if you want stuff on all of them. They need to institute a la carte pricing on series or something.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
You can always sub to one service for a few months, catch up, then change to another.

Disney is going to be a tough one to beat I think. Apparently it's priced at like $6-$7 per month or so.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
You can always sub to one service for a few months, catch up, then change to another.

Disney is going to be a tough one to beat I think. Apparently it's priced at like $6-$7 per month or so.
True, although a lot of services are tying themselves to something else. Hulu is connected to Sprint. Netflix is with some other phone (AT&T? Verozon?). Amazon is with Prime of course. WHichever of these bundled services you have is your base, then it is a question of how much you want to throw at other services.

My base is hulu, amazon, and buying movies on vudu. Disney will be a no-brainer and it seems like they will always have something new (plus I will do the yearly plan of course). So the question is if I will pay for something else. Probably not. Add in free services, cable, and anything you have bought. Oh, do not forget sleeping, work, and a life. You are probably already past the number of hours in a year to watch any new content you are interested in.

I am guessing I will put disney+ on top of my base and leave it there. So far I have heard very little on the other services that would tempt me and that is not enough to buy the whole service. I will just wait a couple of years for when they put those things on digital download, like the time bandits series (I have been waiting since the movie so what is a couple years more).

PandoraB

Didnt knew netflix is tied to your phone, is that maybe a US thing. We dont have that in europe.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Didnt knew netflix is tied to your phone, is that maybe a US thing. We dont have that in europe.
It's not the only way or anything. Netflix isn't tied to my phone service, I just pay for it. I use Amazon because it comes with Amazon Prime, which I mostly use for shipping.

PandoraB

oh yeah we have plans for mobile phone/ISP/ect where you get 3 months netflix for free when you signup, but most of the times those are one time kind of deals

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
The name sounds more like HBO and Cinemax were combining.