VVO Discussion Group and House Tour Sat 1/4 12PM SLT

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I want to try a new type of event based on something I did recently in SL that I really enjoyed. I'm having a get together starting at my place. We will sit around and talk, and then move on as a group if someone else is willing to host at their place for awhile, and keep doing that until we run out of places to go.

It's a low key event - I'd like to see other people's places in SL and socialize together, not just watch our avatars dance.

Here is the link to the starting point of the event:

It is on Sat 1/4 at 12pm SLT.

Feel free to IM me for a TP, especially if you arrive later and we've moved. I have no idea if anyone will even show up, but I'll be there. If this works out well I'll have more of these at other times. Hope to see you.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Sounds like fun. I'm not sure I can this Saturday, but if not, I would be interested at another time.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
That sounds like fun. I have a few places we can try out... See how things go :)

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I have a couple places as well ... would love to see what others have.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Sounds like fun!

Caliandris

SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
I want to try a new type of event based on something I did recently in SL that I really enjoyed. I'm having a get together starting at my place. We will sit around and talk, and then move on as a group if someone else is willing to host at their place for awhile, and keep doing that until we run out of places to go.

It's a low key event - I'd like to see other people's places in SL and socialize together, not just watch our avatars dance.

Here is the link to the starting point of the event:

Feel free to IM me for a TP, especially if you arrive later and we've moved. I have no idea if anyone will even show up, but I'll be there. If this works out well I'll have more of these at other times. Hope to see you.
OK...when?
Edited to add: Sid has just pointed out the time in the title of the thread. As I clicked on the notification on the front page, this didn't appear for me until I scrolled up. I'll be the one red-faced in the corner lol.

Last edited:

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Now I'm thinking that if I DO make it today, I need to log on and do a bit more decorating. I took some of the Christmas stuff back into inventory, and now the house looks so bare!

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Drat -- sorry I can't make this. I'll be at the movie theatre finally catching Frozen II.

• 1Grumpy Cat
Reactions: Cristiano

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
We are in, I have a few places, and I have one picked out for today! (tardy to the forum party but I did post on discord, hehe.)

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Bump.

I Just have to polish the shoes and I'll be there.

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
Our stop on the tour began here in the Conservatory of Angel Manor, just outside of our home area...
if we are collecting the slurls Angel Manor West
I encourage everyone to wander the 12 Region Palace of Art and The Rose Theatre venues and grounds, espcially in the winter under snowy conditions, it is lovely.
Most of the Estate is open to the public.
There are also complimentary Guest Suites where people may enjoy a 2 week vacation on the Estate as well, details are on the main website. :)
Second Life | Angel Manor Estate - The Rose Theatre

main landing point for the Estate

Our Suite

photos by Kaya Angel

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
The event was fantastic - it far exceeded my expectations. As a throng of close to 20 people, we travelled to Orin's lovely home, Soen's stunning build, Fauve's opulent apartment, Caliandris' charming home, Leilany's beautiful beach house and Moo's wonderful sim. I documented a lot of it here:

Things did get a little weird at the end:

I will definitely hold more of these events at different times, and with a little more notice. It was so wonderful getting to know people and learning about them through their homes and builds in SL. I'm excited for the next one.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Hehe it was great fun. Sorry i couldn’t stay on for the last 2, it was late and i was nodding off. It’s quite a thrill to actually use all of the seating positionsin ones own space at once!!
Including the HOT menu in the rug.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: OrinB

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Including the HOT menu in the rug.
The funny thing is, i didn't even know that was in there! I just rezzed the rug and thought, oh that's cute!

I've just checked it out, the animation menu buttons are named very obscurely... Gyroscope = doggy style! 🤷

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
I think it was Moo that was asking about the area below my house you all visited yesterday.

I've posted some photos and a bit about it here: Places & Spaces

Feel free to visit and explore there if you'd like to. I've rented various plots on this estate over the years and love the vibe of the place. This is one of the other places i was thinking of having on the list of visits. I can set out some more HOT pose rugs in the garden for next time :p

HAHA PS: Spot the lurker in one of the pictures in the other thread :p

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Caliandris

SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
I really enjoyed it - both the exploration and seeing other people's places, and the discussions too. As a result of the visit to Moo's sim, I returned with a friend, and played a game of SL lifestyle, which we both enjoyed, and then travelled to eku's Culprit, which is where some of the things at Moo's are sold. I bought a whale vehicle, which I love. I've often done a form of SL crawl, where I look at the picks in someone random's profile, and go to one, and then pick another person and choose one in theirs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't - far better to compile a list of places that people recommend, or want to show off. And I'm definitely up for horse riding expeditions, as suggested by Moo :). Also a "pull out the old stuff from inventory and reminisce" event that Cristiano suggested. I warn you I have a LOT of old stuff in my inventory....