Vote Blue No Matter Who?

Are you planning to vote blue in the general no matter who? Or only if you approve of the candidate?

• No matter who.

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • If I approve of the candidate.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Thought it was anon but it isn’t.

ETA: Cris made it anonymous now.

Last edited:
  • 1* Popcorn *
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Sid

My blood type is Dark Roast Positive.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Of course I can't vote in the USA, but I would vote blue no matter who in 2020.
Well, maybe not for Bloomberg ....
I think that one rich old man buying his presidency is enough for more than a century or two.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I would hold my nose and vote for Bloomberg. That's a least worst option scenario.

If Warren is a viable candidate when Ohio holds its primary, I will vote for her. Bernie if not: I voted for him in 2016, and I find a lot to like in his policies. I also think we are better off if there is a candidate with a majority of delegates at the Convention, so I will not vote for anyone without a realistic path to the nomination. If Warren fails to recover by Super Tuesday, her candidacy will be effectively over.

As for the other Democrats, I can support at least a good portion of their platforms, especially when you consider what they can actually accomplish with the most likely outcome of the House and Senate elections (If Ds take the White House, they will have held the House but odds are not really that strong to take the Senate with the number of safe R seats).

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I would hold my nose and vote for Bloomberg.....
:qft: and everything else Veritable said. We're on exactly the same track there.

When it comes to Bloomberg as the "least worst option", I'm mindful that democracy could well be part of the price paid for a Faustian bargain. If we can gain action against climate change and a restoration of sane trade policies, I'll call it enough of a win for these darkening days.

From what I'm seeing around the globe, democracy is on the way out. If the American people ever revolt against corporatism, I doubt they'll replace it with what we've lost. That appears to have been a short-term experiment, born of relative prosperity. What lies ahead are reductions in land and resources, and economic slowdowns as climate assaults strengthen. Having cannibalized native lands and peoples to get to this point, we're about due to turn on one another.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I had voted for a handful of Republicans in the past, back when they still elected sane, brave & compassionate figures before the party turned cultish: Durenberger, Ramstead, Arne Carlson, and I even caucassed for McCain because I thought Obama was still inexperienced. Well I did, before he nominated an utter whackjob as an economic advisor as we were spiraling into the great recession. I miss the days when you could still do that, it's never good for one party to be in exclusive control over a long time. Now the control on that party is absolute and the brave are primaried out by mush heads filled with hate radio, spewers of simplistic answers.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
I'd vote for a mushroom growing on a turd over the Evil Cheeto. My list of the candidates in ascending order of how much I like them:

Gabbard, Steyer and Bloomberg wouldn't OPENLY call Mexican Americans a bunch of rapists. That's how low the bar has gotten. In some respects, Bloomberg is the successful businessman Trump pretends to be...

I don't like Biden, but certainly don't hate him and think that the flawed, out of touch old man still has a soul at least...

I think Pete Buttigieg stinks of a little too much privilege and young white man confidence, as many have pointed out; but at least he's not an idiot, which would be a nice change...

I am concerned about the tales of Klobuchar's mean streak, but I don't think she's stupid or insane, so that's still an improvement.

Sanders is a bit wacky and maybe a bit too hostile to business for my liking, but we know he'd fight hard for universal healthcare and a lot of needed reforms around workers rights and such.

Warren kind of made a fool of herself by refusing to explicitly say how she'd fun universal healthcare for a bit, but I still like her and think she's an awesome person.

I also wanted to give honorable mentions to a couple dropouts:

Harris has wonderful Charisma and I think she's a great senator. Very sad her campaign collapsed.

I don't think Yang was in it to win it. He wanted to raise awareness of technological underemployment, which I think is very important. I think he was the smartest of the bunch and I think he'd have risen to the occasion if he won.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Latest rumor, Bloomberg picking her as VP.
If true, that's even money that Bloomberg dies of natural causes halfway thru his term. Also, nothing says I wanna win! like picking a multiple time loser to be your running mate.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
If true, that's even money that Bloomberg dies of natural causes halfway thru his term. Also, nothing says I wanna win! like picking a multiple time loser to be your running mate.
Harris is a multiple time loser?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Harris is a multiple time loser?
Not according to this

Perhaps there is some confusion here between two different rumours concerning Bloomberg's possible VP choice?

At this stage in the proceedings it seems to me utterly pointless to speculate who his choice might be, should he ever get that far. He can't possibly have decided yet himself, I would have thought.

Last edited:

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not according to this

Perhaps there is some confusion here between two different rumours concerning Bloomberg's possible VP choice?

At this stage in the proceedings it seems to me utterly pointless to speculate who his choice might be, should he ever get that far. He can't possibly have decided yet himself, I would have thought.
She would be a huge asset. Huge. It would reassure those who suspect Bloomberg just wants another chance to start frisking POC. Kamala would put her foot down.

Grey Mars

I don't believe in unconditional support of one's own team. There will always be a time and a case where someone else might be able to do a better job on something, and if they are the superior choice they should be supported even if they are on the other 'team'. That said, as far as the 2020 presidential election goes, even if the democratic canadite's face falls off during the debate revealing a lizard monster, I'm still likely voting for our new reptilian overlords. It would be an improvement over the incompetent bloated anti-christ man child currently in office.

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts
No matter who. I can list and critique my preferred candidates, both agreeing and disagreeing with the relative positions.

I've heard "Mayor Pete" called "the white Obama", and I think the description is apt in one regard. Obama came with an intrinsic advantage with one of the core Democratic constituencies, and used that very effectively against Hillary. Buttgieg also has a similar constituency in the LGBTQ demographic, and a lot of local gay rights supporters are very experienced in organizing politically. I see him as the only "dark horse" candidate with any shot at this point, and I'd call it a very long shot, at best.

We'll see the effect of money and Bloomberg's strategy of a media blitz being able to buy an election directly. I think he'll fade fairly soon if he doesn't get onto the debate podium. Most Americans have only a vague idea how parties nominate candidates and run a convention. If Mikey is frozen out, He's left to quit or play spoiler.

But, if not... yup, even Bloomberg.

Anya Ristow

Bernie Bro
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
I would hold my nose and vote for Bloomberg. That's a least worst option scenario.
I would vote for Bloomberg over Trump, but with the understanding that

1) I was voting republican
2) it would set the Democratic party back probably for decades with the bad precedent that they had to turn fully republican to win

There are no candidates running who are as problematic as Clinton. Not even Bloomberg.

But Bloomberg is the "destroy the Democratic party" option. And he'd almost certainly lose to Trump.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I am sincerely hoping he will not get that far. Right now, his odds of getting the nomination are low, but we will have a better idea of where all of the candidates fall after Super Tuesday when we have a fair number of diverse states turning out.

Anya Ristow

Bernie Bro
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
Buttgieg also has a similar constituency in the LGBTQ demographic
Does he?

Ignore the title of this video. It turns into a gay man's epic rant about Pete at about 5 1/2 minutes.

...and the reason why LGBTQ people aren't supporting him just because he's gay is because, believe it or not, people in marginalized communities don't just vote based on identity. Elites do that because they have privilege. But gay people actually have to worry about things like health care. We have to worry about things like paying the bills. So just the mere fact that he's gay doesn't improve our lives.
...Zac Petkanas, Hillary alumn, saying, you know, "get some gay friends." How about this, dipshit? Why don't you get some working class gay friends, and not just talk to gay people you see at cocktail parties. I mean, these people are beyond insufferable.
No, fuck off! Your support is fake! I reject it!

Last edited: