VirvtualVerse.one on Tapatalk?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
SLU Posts
Is VirtualVerse.one available on Tapatalk, as was SLU? I can't see it anywhere, but that probably means I'm not looking for it properly.

If it's not on Tapatalk is there any chance that could be remedied?

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
The software it runs on is not unfortunately. The good news is it is VERY mobile friendly and many browsers allow you to create a shortcut to a url on your phone's screen.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Miami,FL
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
this was talked about on discord when the initial switch happened. There is a very buggy beta plugin Cristano would need to install on the backend to make it compatible with Taptalk. like Kara said, XenoForo 2.0 is way more mobile friendly tho so i don't know if he bothered..

Tapatalk and V2

Last edited:

Khamon

Irish Harper
Sep 23, 2018
Alabama
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The software it runs on is not unfortunately. The good news is it is VERY mobile friendly and many browsers allow you to create a shortcut to a url on your phone's screen.
The mobile view does work quite well. No complaints here browsing it in Safari on an old iPhone 5. I do only browse picture and video threads on the PC.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Sep 19, 2018
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I get different variations for PC, tablet, and phone screens, and I have to say that each one seems to work on the device it was intended for. I did get Taptalk when SLU was the thing, but abandoned it because it didn't seem to offer any improvement over the website.

Sep 26, 2018
I only can strongly recommend not to use Tapatalk! Tapatalk was convenient, as long as responsive webdesign was not there/in its infancy. But given todays' state of responsive webdesign, it's quite simply put not needed any longer.

It's a security nightmare, unreliable and simply put not trustworthy. Exactly for these reasons many other forums have already abandoned the Tapatalk support long ago.

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
Sep 19, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I tried installing it but could not get it to work, and as Bartholomew said, I have concerns about its security. Other than notification support, tapatalk didn't add anything that VVO doesn't already do in a browser on mobile.

Sep 19, 2018
Portland, OR
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I tried installing it but could not get it to work, and as Bartholomew said, I have concerns about its security. Other than notification support, tapatalk didn't add anything that VVO doesn't already do in a browser on mobile.
I just got a request to allow notifications from VVO on my pc so maybe that is something you're adding to the mix too.

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
Sep 19, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Yes, I just added web notifications :) I got one for you quoting my post. They work on desktop browsers and on Chrome on Android. They do not work on iOS devices because Apple still refuses to support them.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
Sep 20, 2018
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I just refreshed the page, but didn't get any notification request. Running Chrome on Linux.