Virtual World Challenge 1: Show Me SHINY

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I’m really interested to see how the avatars and content are progressing across all the Virtual Worlds so I decided to start these “Show Me” Challenges to see what you all come up with.

Rules are simple.

1. Take a picture of your avatar, content item or a location in any Virtual World using the prompt as inspiration. This week’s prompt is SHINY

2. Post the picture in this thread with the following details: The Name of the Virtual World (or game), a description of content shown including creator credit if applicable, description of location/level/grid in the virtual world or game.

3. If it’s NSFW please use a spoiler

Open to all fashionistas, virtual world explorers, content creators, gamers, photographers... everyone! If you are reading this and can take a picture in any virtual world that captures the word “Shiny” I want to see it.

There is no deadline. I’ll try to post a new prompt/thread about once a week, but if you happen to take the perfect picture for this prompt three weeks from now, feel free to share it here.

Ready.
Set.
Go!

Show me Shiny.

Last edited:

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Also, there are no prizes.
Just lots of reaction button points, an opportunity to flex your creativity and a chance to show us what your avatar, vehicle, weapon, sim, grid etc looks like.

Last edited:

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I'm just starting to check out Sansar again. I was happy to note you can get avatars from the store now at least, as I'm not fond of the built in male avatar.

This is what I was able to do with the base av, which isn't much since there are a lot of sliders but they don't do much:

1537923886457.png

However, behold the pièce de résistance:

1537923947693.png

I literally laughed out loud when I saw it was available as an option. Maybe Sansar isn't hopeless yet.

SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-08-2007
SLU Posts
Ha! Brilliant! That reminds me of Loki Eliot's Sansar avatar, in a "thinking out of the box" way. I did try Sansar a few times, but my computer isn't hardcore enough for it.

Shiny -- photos taken at home (Ufeus in SL)

Windlight and Advanced Materials changed the way SL looks. I remember spending hours on the beach after Windlight came out, just playing with the settings and staring at the water. Then materials came... a challenge at first for someone like me who makes shiny stuff. Painted highlights looked underwhelming, so I had to rethink the whole process. After months of experimentation, metal and glass are now my favourite materials to play with. In fact I'd really like SL to switch to proper PBR. I doubt that's gonna happen. The compromise we have now is a tad clunky, but we can still make good stuff with it.

In a few months time, EEP will once again change the way SL looks. I'm possibly even more excited about EEP than I am about Animesh. I bet I'll spend many hours on a beach somewhere, and this time I'll be watching the stars.

ETA Oh oops, credits:
Geese by TLC (I think), floating lilies by Pillow Case OMG I still miss them PLEASE COME BACK, stairs/dock by Jammin, trees -- a mix of Botanical, Mesh plants and DD or is it DRD?, and some of my things too because, duh, it's home!

ETA ETA That pier set by Jammin is the bomb. This dude can mesh.

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I love seeing how you all are interpreting the prompt .
I'm already thinking of ideas for the next one, but until then keep these coming.

• 1Like
Reactions: Archer

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
What's shinier than a little latex? I just took this shot today, playing with toys old and new.
Virtual World: Second Life
Content: Varonis Stardust background, A&Y Latex corset, Plastix gloves, Insanya boots, Lock & Tuft Shane hair, LAQ Neve head, Maitreya body, Antinatural USB choker. Forgotten the pose already and the gun is from 2007 and survives inventory purges.

Last edited:

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Put on a shiny satin dress:

sep_28_2018_004 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

Daren Satin dress from Hilly Haalan, Truth Livia hair, Lumae Eirtae skin in T3 Shell, Star Drop necklace from Caroline Apollo, IKON Sovereign eyes in Moor, Pink Fuel Smokey Boudoir and Glossy Pout makeup

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
i've been meaning to post this... sorry i'm late.

Virtual World: Second life

Skin: Custom made but trying to get permission to sell it.

hair: CATWA HAIR Aura [Rigged]

Body: Slink Physique Mesh Body Hourglass V1.5.2

head: CATWA HEAD Bibi V4.10

Last edited:

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount

Second Life, Angel Manor. Kaya Angel made us a very large dance studio and hidden away down here is where I often prototype costumes and test them with dance animations for Ballet Pixelle.