Verti's Minion
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
This game has eaten two weeks of my time and most of my brain capacity. :LOL:

Pictures of my in-game home as of last night:

It's a really pretty — and fun — game. The modern graphics effects on top of the lo-fi textures work better than you'd think.

And once I get the time, I'm probably going to build another base using stone. HALP

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Is this a sort of persistent world game like Minecraft is?

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
Is this a sort of persistent world game like Minecraft is?
Yes. You can play solo on your own computer, host a server for up to 9 others to join, or run a dedicated server. The game is definitely more fun playing with others, but if you're a recluse like me, playing solo is quite possible.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
this isn't your typical survival game where you NEED TO EAT OR DIE or YOU GOT SAMLL BRUISE CANT WALK...

This is more PVE and co-operative and lore heavy. PVP is optional and can be turned on or off at any time... it's a breath of fresh air.

Not the typical Cash grab ones you currently see for sale. I do hope these leads for sucess of more games like this. More depth then Width.

Yes. You can play solo on your own computer, host a server for up to 9 others to join, or run a dedicated server. The game is definitely more fun playing with others, but if you're a recluse like me, playing solo is quite possible.
you can carry your inventory from single to multiplayer and back.... or join other people with the same character....you keep everything on you.

since you can't carry Ores and metals though portals... some people kinda cheat by going to single player... dropping it off.. go back to multiplayer.... go though the portal.... then go back and pick thier stuff up...

Last edited:

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I enjoy eat or die... I don't enjoy super complex injury mechanics. How important is food and drink in this game?

Theres no drinking mechanic (well you can drink mead)... Food, however is important but in a different way... running around you only have 25 hp to start.. you can increase your HP by eating a variety of foods.. Theres 3 food slots on the bar... hp will go up based on what you eat... cooked food or more complex food will give you a higher HP and last longer before you need to eat again.

so if i eat berries, mutton, and a mushroom i picked in the forest i just caught my 25hp will go to 75 for about 5 minutes..... if i eat Carrot soup, Sausages And Cooked Fish, that i crafted from a cauldron i can get 140hp that will last 10 minutes. you only really need to eat before you battle or need lots of stamina. if i'm working on my house, no need to waste food... still have to watch out when you base get raided by monsters as it takes time to initally build up...

Lore wise you are already dead, your soul is there to venture, prove yourself and gain honor defeating the enemies of the allfather Aka Odin! So Die, Eat, Drink, Be merry and Bring order to this realm! For tonight you shall dine in hell! o wait.. wrong story.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: GoblinCampFollower

Kokoro Fasching

Many hours lost.. :) But for those who are hunting for copper, don't think just because you got that visible hill that it is all gone. There tends to be a huge deposit under that.. I have carved out an entire mountain following a copper deposit.

Strip mining in the viking ages.

Also, sea serpents are mean and jealous - if you lead two of them together they will stop attacking your boat and attack each other.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
How does this compare to The Forest? (>.>)

I'm assuming no cannibals and 10 legged freaks. (o.o)
slimes, goblins ,skeletons, trolls, greydwarfs, leechs, wolfs, golems ,things that shoot fire, Drakes, Dragons, Serpents, Fuckin deathsquito...

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Imnotgoing Sideways
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Well shit I don't know. Most of the time I start the game and it will run at 15 - 20 fps for as long as I play. Then once in a while it will start up at 1 or 2 fps and nothing will budge it from that number. Just now was one of those times. At that speed anything such as greyling will kill me because I can't turn or swing an a knife or anything. Then yesterday I died. There was a tombstone on the map but the tombstone wasn't there anywhere. I wanted to start over anyhow, a little bit anyway. Maybe I'll try it some more but if I can't figure out this fps thing I'll have to shelve it till I get better hardware.