US Election Day 2020

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I got to thinking about the electoral college; that dinosaur of appeasing slave-owning states.

Let's say we went purely by the popular vote, just who would a person like Trump be able to corrupt?

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Gosh I'm glad that after very careful consideration these elected officials in this constitutional democracy decided to not ignore the results of the election, that must've been a tough decision in 2020 USA.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

This makes me feel a little less crazy about it the fundraising...
I'm getting really cheesed off at left social media right now. "BLLLAAAAARGH WHY DOESN'T BIDEN MOAR AGGRESSIONNNN!!!!" Like freaking what is he supposed to do? Go on an extended all-caps Twitter rant like Trump? Really, that's what people want? That freaking blowhard from TYT is all like "Biden is slapping everyone who voted for him in the face by not fighting harder". These people don't even know wth they're talking about.

Everybody knew that Trump would do what he's doing now - we've been talking about it literally all year. So how the hell is it suddenly Biden's fault? The guy's not even actually the president yet and these people are finding ways to blame him for Trump crap.

Last edited:

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I got to thinking about the electoral college; that dinosaur of appeasing slave-owning states.

Let's say we went purely by the popular vote, just who would a person like Trump be able to corrupt?
There are countries with popular vote election systems, that have dictators "elected", election after election.
Those dictators are "smart" enough to alter the outcome before the results are public.
That a clown like 45 thinks he can rig the elections after the outcome is public, is quite unique IMHO.

Arkady Arkright

There are countries with popular vote election systems, that have dictators "elected", election after election.
Those dictators are "smart" enough to alter the outcome before the results are public.
That a clown like 45 thinks he can rig the elections after the outcome is public, is quite unique IMHO.
I suspect that's because, unlike those others, he didn't believe he could possibly lose so he didn't plan for a possible loss.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

MOAR:

Their evidence is that any ballot not for Trump IS AN ILLEGAL BALLOT.
I am just waiting for them to say they should have won dc and demand a recount. then when 95 percent of the city finishes laughing ...

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
I am donating a small amount to the transition. Transitions are always paid for with a mix of public and private cash, anyway. And I sure as hell am not letting GSAEmily harm the US if I can make a tiny dent in it. I'd rather play defense now and then let her live the rest of her life as a footnoted seditionist.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Things are starting to get crunchy.

We've already paid for this. Don't beg for extra, START DEMANDING THE GSA CHIEF DO WHAT SHE'S LEGALLY REQUIRED TO DO.
Yes, we already paid and they sent out the “this is the last begging” messages. If the baby is pouting your issue is with him and the government should probably still be paying campaign costs.