US Election Day 2020

Arkady Arkright

My mom asked a good question this weekend; What does Murdoch have against the US. And that's a really good question.
Also, I think instead of FAUX news, its now FOE news....
Given the crap his newspapers churn out in the UK (and Australia) as well, I think he just has a thing against the whole human race...

• 2Agree
Reactions: Govi and Ashiri

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Given the crap his newspapers churn out in the UK (and Australia) as well, I think he just has a thing against the whole human race...
Or maybe there is someone giving him money to destabilize the english speaking world....

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Don't the French have islands we can send people like him to?

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
My mom asked a good question this weekend; What does Murdoch have against the US. And that's a really good question.
It doesn't work the way he wants it to. In fact, much of the world doesn't. So...

• 1Agree
Reactions: RodeejahUrquan

Sid

Searching for words
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Murdoch simply sells what a lot of people want to read, hear and see and are not served by the more serious newspapers and tv stations.
Simple stories, catchy headlines, short items, easy to understand arguments, sexy girls and boys on page three. The talk you hear at birthday parties and Christmas dinners from that crazy uncle, that weird cousin or your grumpy dad. (Full) truth not that important, as long as it is against the others.
Murdoch has no other plan than to rake in as much money as he can by giving his audience what they want. He does not care what the rest thinks, he doesn't make a dime from them.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Murdoch simply sells what a lot of people want to read, hear and see and are not served by the more serious newspapers and tv stations.
Simple stories, catchy headlines, short items, easy to understand arguments, sexy girls and boys on page three. The talk you hear at birthday parties and Christmas dinners from that crazy uncle, that weird cousin or your grumpy dad. (Full) truth not that important, as long as it is against the others.
Murdoch has no other plan than to rake in as much money as he can by giving his audience what they want. He does not care what the rest thinks, he doesn't make a dime from them.
If that was the case then Murdoch could have hired any of a thousand candy men media execs to run Fox News Channel. Bringing in someone like Roger Ailes had very little to do about serving up what the public only wants to see.

Sid

Searching for words
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Thank the forces, we don't have Fox News in NL.
I don't know Roger Ailes.
I know the British SUN though. And that is how he works with that paper.
On the other hand he publishes The Times and the Wall Street Journal as well, so he knows how to serve other parts of the population too.
And that's why I think he has no hidden agenda. He only wants to rake in as much cash as possible IMHO.

From what I read here over the years about Fox News, I have the impression that he follows mainly the SUN line with these channels.
Hence my previous post.

Last edited:
  • 1Disagree
Reactions: Eunoli

danielravennest

SLU Posts
It's more about making money than politics. He identified a segment he could sell more ads to if he told them what they wanted to hear. So he bought the Wall Street Journal, NY Post, and set up Fox News and pushed them more to the right than other media.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
If that was the case then Murdoch could have hired any of a thousand candy men media execs to run Fox News Channel. Bringing in someone like Roger Ailes had very little to do about serving up what the public only wants to see.
Murdoch makes money by spotting gaps in the existing media market for infotainment and filling them with a product that hasn't been there previously.

In the US it was a TV channel news and infotainment channel that didn't pretend to be anything other than partisan, catering to much the same audience that listens to shock-jocks on the radio.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Murdoch makes money by spotting gaps in the existing media market for infotainment and filling them with a product that hasn't been there previously.

In the US it was a TV channel news and infotainment channel that didn't pretend to be anything other than partisan, catering to much the same audience that listens to shock-jocks on the radio.
I don't really care how he makes money. I don't find him to be any particular genius at it, merely effectively ruthless and focused in regards to acquisitions. He's had a number of misses along with his hits when it comes to setting off into new areas of media and communications.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I don't find him to be any particular genius at it, merely effectively ruthless and focused in regards to acquisitions.
I'm not particularly familiar with US cable news, obviously, so I don't know how Fox developed, but certainly after Murdoch acquired the ailing Sun newspaper in 1969, it was a not-particularly-successful Labour-supporting paper whose transformation into what eventually it became only really began ten years later in 1979, when it supported the Conservatives in what became Margaret Thatcher's first election victory. The transformation didn't really take hold, though, until 1981, when Murdoch appointed Kelvin MacKenzie as editor, and he turned it into the fearsome commercial and political force that it remained for many years, as the voice of the populist Thatcherite xenophobic right.

Certainly there was nothing like The Sun in British journalism before Murdoch and Kelvin MacKenzie, just as I suspect there was nothing like Fox before Murdoch and Roger Ailes arrived on the scene.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts