US Election Day 2020

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Well in my opinion the Democrats will move more right wing in order to "appease the Republican voters", something like that. AOC will be demolished, and other well known left wing members as well.
I came here to escape the delusional people on Facebook and Reddit. You're not helping.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
They just got to Georgia and the Senators withdrew their objections.
Only one Senator. Perdue's term ended Jan 3rd and he hasn't been re-elected. So Loeffler is the only one that was present. Since she lost too, she has nothing to lose by withdrawing her objection. She'll be replaced as soon as the election is certified, which will be either Saturday or early next week. The vote margins are large enough they can't ask for a recount, so they are done.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Only one Senator. Perdue's term ended Jan 3rd and he hasn't been re-elected. So Loeffler is the only one that was present. Since she lost too, she has nothing to lose by withdrawing her objection. She'll be replaced as soon as the election is certified, which will be either Saturday or early next week. The vote margins are large enough they can't ask for a recount, so they are done.
Odd, because in the footage last night, it sure looked and sounded like Perdue, even though he was wearing a mask.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Any Senator can object, it does not have to be the a Senator from that state. A dozen had planned to participate in challenges to every battleground state Trump lost.

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I watched that guy on TV last night. I’ve rarely watched American politicians speak but I watched the speeches when they all came back last night. A few times I was legitimately moved, even by some republicans. They might have been too late, but it felt like a big emotional scene in a movie and I was enthralled.
Then this fucking guy!
Never heard of him until last night and my jaw dropped. Even the king of cuntfaces were st least able to read the room and have the situational awareness to let it go for the night. This guy? Doubles down.
I ended up staying up all night to see the votes and speeches. Cancelling his book is the least he deserves. I am terrified I’ll be hearing and seeing him again.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I watched that guy on TV last night. I’ve rarely watched American politicians speak but I watched the speeches when they all came back last night. A few times I was legitimately moved, even by some republicans. They might have been too late, but it felt like a big emotional scene in a movie and I was enthralled.
Then this fucking guy!

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
A couple more comments in small thread from a pro 1A lawyer:
>> We'll see you in court.

Hey Josh, would that be the same court system that tossed out almost absolutely every case of voter fraud your team could throw at them?

• 1Agree

Spirits Rising

Voice of Reason/Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
Temporarily house his (and others) asses in an appropriate facility, construct a new Federal Level prison (put it anywhere in the world, preferably though in the middle of a desert), name it after his ass and send him and everyone that enabled/aided him there.

• 1Yay!