US Election Day 2020

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
He should take this to court, it is so overwhelmingly clear by now that he is the new legitimate new president of the USA, only complete idiots can believe it is otherwise (Trumpty Dumpty and his dye sweating lawyer)
Then there are the idiots who voted for him.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I got to thinking about the electoral college; that dinosaur of appeasing slave-owning states.

Let's say we went purely by the popular vote, just who would a person like Trump be able to corrupt?
Well, he always has "his black" and the rich gay men who like him.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
There are countries with popular vote election systems, that have dictators "elected", election after election.
Those dictators are "smart" enough to alter the outcome before the results are public.
That a clown like 45 thinks he can rig the elections after the outcome is public, is quite unique IMHO.
Good point.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I think more that they cheated but it still wasn't enough and it caught him off guard.
I'm sure they tried to cheat, but a whole lot more people voted by mail this time, which is harder to rig. Once the Post Office fuckery was revealed, a lot of people used drop boxes and skipped the mail entirely. Georgia went from no-paper trail voting machines to printing your ballot after you use the screen, and you have a chance to review it before it gets scanned and tallied. So now there is a paper trail for every vote in the state. The steady demographic shift across the country makes the number of altered votes required larger. So it was an accumulation of a lot of things.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
In Georgia, the Qanon crazies are boycotting the Republicans in the Senate races to punish the party, because the Republican Secretary of State and Governor certified the election for Biden. My thought is "go for it!", every lost vote doesn't count. It would be especially ironic if the Trump cultists cost them control of the Senate.

[EDIT]Added story link:

Last edited:

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Christie blasted Trump’s legal team for being a “national embarrassment.”

“Sidney Powell accusing governor (Republican Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp) of a crime on television, yet being unwilling to go on TV and defend and lay out the evidence that she supposedly has,” Christie said. “This is outrageous conduct by any lawyer and notice George, they won’t do it inside the courtroom. They allege fraud outside the courtroom but when they go inside the courtroom they don’t plead fraud and they don’t argue fraud.”
[Maryland Gov. Larry] Hogan, a critic of Trump who has spoken out against the President’s refusal to concede, offered a similar take during an interview on CNN.

When asked if he still thinks Trump will do the right thing and concede the race, Hogan said that he is confidence that Biden will be sworn in, but he’s “not sure I could say that I’m confident that the president’s going to do the right thing.”

“Look, I thought the pressuring of the legislators to try to somehow change the outcome with electors was completely outrageous,” Hogan said. “And, quite frankly, I mean, we used to go supervise elections around the world, and we were the most respected country with respect to elections. And now we’re beginning to look like we’re a banana republic.”
Hogan said it’s time for fellow Republicans who’ve not spoken out against Trump’s refusal to concede to “stop the nonsense” because “it just gets more bizarre every single day.”
I'm still waiting for them to tie in aliens living on Europa and the ghost of Larry Gelbart, creator of the tv series M.A.S.H.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Amazing. Someone took it too far...for Trump to accept!

• 1OMG!
Reactions: Essence Lumin