Unable to post event as manager

Caliandris

I recently put in a ticket to LL because the drop-down list of places on which I can hold an event did not include the land where I am listed as a manager with the ability to hold events. The drop-down DOES include the now-gone Nemesis plots where I could once hold events, but doesn't seem to have updated. I have had a report from LL which says everything is set up as it should be to allow me to hold events but it still doesn't appear on the list. They have offered to make the posting on my behalf, which is fine, but not really a long-term solution. Anyone have any idea how to force the events list to update? Or is there something I can do to make that particular location show up?

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
I recently put in a ticket to LL because the drop-down list of places on which I can hold an event did not include the land where I am listed as a manager with the ability to hold events. The drop-down DOES include the now-gone Nemesis plots where I could once hold events, but doesn't seem to have updated. I have had a report from LL which says everything is set up as it should be to allow me to hold events but it still doesn't appear on the list. They have offered to make the posting on my behalf, which is fine, but not really a long-term solution. Anyone have any idea how to force the events list to update? Or is there something I can do to make that particular location show up?
It's something with group membership or ownership of the land. Make sure that you are a member of the actual landgroup owner and that the role is enabled for you.

• 1Like
Reactions: Caliandris

NeoBokrug Elytis

Thread Reaper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Is the land classified as a "Hangout"? I think that's a requirement.

• 1Like

Lyndka Cochrane

You need to check in Group > Members & Roles that you have "Allow 'Event Hosting' on group land" checked or you won't be able to post SL Events for that group.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Caliandris

Hi there all, thanks for your replies. I have allow event hosting checked for the group. I'm a land manager. It's set as a hangout. I still can't post events for that land. I *can* set events for several non-existent parcels for Nemesis island (which no longer exists) and a long list of private Linden parcels, possibly as a hangover from being a mole? Or maybe everyone can set events there? I'm allowed to set events for a couple of shops where I am a simple member of the shop group. There's one gallery on the lists as a parcel owned by a friend, but I think they'd be pretty surprised if I showed up to hold an event there.... It seems totally random. The Linden dealing with my ticket said they'd set the event for me, but it isn't showing up on the list, so I guess they couldn't do it either.

Last edited:

Caliandris

Hmmm, I was able to post an event today (TRIGGER TREAT). There seems to be a lot of stipulations on what allows an event to be posted. Maybe the parcel is too small or isn't listed as "show in search"?
I almost thought you'd solved it, as the parcel wasn't marked to show in search... but it still doesn't appear on the list of parcels I can post events to. The parcel is not too small, I am allowed to host events. Will keep trying ....

NeoBokrug Elytis

Thread Reaper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
... as the parcel wasn't marked to show in search... but it still doesn't appear on the list of parcels I can post events to.
SL is slow, I am going to guess it may take as much as a day to show up on that list.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
It will be there at 12am SLT.