netflix Umbrella Academy season 2

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
I'll have to do a catch up.... watch season 1 trend on Netflix for a while as many others do the same :p

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Lookin' good!

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Weekend binge is selected!

For the forgetful:

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Finished my binge, and the results are:

Actually I think I can describe it, but I'd prefer to soak up the experience for now, let it seep in a bit. But in short: I love love loved this season.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I'm so impressed with Aidan Gallagher, who manages to play an old man despite how young he is; that's quite the feat. And I have a crush on Ellen Page. I know, so predictable. :giggle:

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm so impressed with Aidan Gallagher, who manages to play an old man despite how young he is; that's quite the feat.
:qft: I keep finding myself shaken to the reality he's 16! I don't know if it's the mannerisms, confidence, or pure drive of his acting. He's definitely brilliant in the role of Five.

And I have a crush on Ellen Page. I know, so predictable. :giggle:
Well, she has been adorable for quite some time.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Eunoli

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Wow! Really impressive! Loved it all.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Dang, Netflix. I keep seeing this one pop up under my recommended., yet I am still trying to watch what is about to disappear, such as the Office. That's a whole lot of seasons and a large time allotment.

If anything, all this choice in watching what I want is making things difficult. I have Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix. I'm still very pissed that Babylon 5 is now gone from Amazon Prime, when I watched it a short time ago when it was still Prime.

I'm finding it hard to find out what is going to leave my possible viewing with all of this moving about as they all jockey for our viewing. One thing I can say is that I'm not going to pay more than I used to for cable. It might be working for them, but they can count me out.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
:qft: I keep finding myself shaken to the reality he's 16! I don't know if it's the mannerisms, confidence, or pure drive of his acting. He's definitely brilliant in the role of Five.
If you've read the interviews with Aidan about playing 5, you can just skip my post. ;)

Apparently he was an avid fan of the graphic novel that's the basis for the series, and REALLY wanted the part. He submitted audition photos that had the same stark, driven quality that characterized 5 graphically. As for playing an old man, Aidan said that he concentrated more on what 5 had experienced as a person, and developed the mannerisms based on how he thought 5 would react to events given that traumatic background.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I hadn't watched the first season thinking super-abilities, children... not my favourite themes. But it's not like that at all. Watching the 1st season now! Only 4 episodes, I can't really binge more than a few hours at a time (how do people do that?) but I really love it. I hope Hazel and the donuts lady (I love that actress) get together, and I have theories about who's ''bad"" but I will probably get everything wrong. 💜

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Free

Chalice Yao

The Purple
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
On a sidenote, I love how they set up the 'Title Image' for each episode differently, but always with an umbrella and the text in it. I love creative stuff like that.

But yeah, binge'd the first Season when it came out, binged the second one hard. It's one of my fave series.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Free

bubblesort

I loved season 2. I didn't like the first season the first time I saw it, but I didn't remember exactly why. I rewatched both seasons, one episode a day, and I liked it a lot better this time around. Now I think binge watching makes some shows worse. I think show creators are still not used to making shows for binging, so a lot of shows fall apart if you binge them. I notice plot holes a lot more when I binge.

Maggy Hazelnut

Cat Herder
Joined SLU
March 2009
SLU Posts
For some reason this show hasn't been on my radar & I didn't see this thread until today. Right now I'm watching Season 2 of "Dark" which is another great show btw!! Watch it if you haven't already! When I'm done with Dark I'll start "Umbrella Academy". :)

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
I hadn't watched the first season thinking super-abilities, children... not my favourite themes. But it's not like that at all. Watching the 1st season now! Only 4 episodes, I can't really binge more than a few hours at a time (how do people do that?) but I really love it. I hope Hazel and the donuts lady (I love that actress) get together, and I have theories about who's ''bad"" but I will probably get everything wrong. 💜
I was going to post, but this is exactly the post I would have made. So, thanks.

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Isabeau

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Well, I finished the 1st season and loved it. I'm almost halfway through the 2nd and it's still good but I hope it gets better. I think I like it a tad less because if someone dies, you figure they'll just go back in time yada yada yada. Or not even, they'll be saved after a shank in the gut in the next episode by someone who somehow was surprisingly ''there'' AND able to sew them up in a jiff. And while Klaus was slightly annoying in the first season, you could still feel for him knowing why he was that way, that it was a kind of a front. Now...

As Chalice said, I really like some of the details, like the opening scenes with an umbrella. I think what I mostly love about the series are the stories about the dysfunctional family and how the siblings came to be the way they are. Even if they are two completely different series, it kind of reminds me of The Haunting of Hill House, which I loved.

Jopsy Pendragon

Death to Nazis, Tyrants and Despots!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Hazel and Cha-Cha were sort of my favorite part of season 1, I was kinda bummed there wasn't more Hazel in season 2. Music seemed better integrated into season 1 as well. But I much preferred what they did with Vanya in season 2. Klaus shines in both seasons.

What really keeps me coming back is that I want to know more about Dad, and am now left with even -more- questions and fewer answers!

• 2Agree
Reactions: OrinB and Eunoli

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
I just kinda stumbled across a trailer for The Umbrella Academy ☂ and mentioned to Tigress that we should give it a shot... she was willing, prolly just to humor me as I tend to not watch much TV 📺 by choice.

There was no turning back. At the end of every episode we find ourselves looking at each other And saying “WTF! Was that?! Next episode plzkthnx!”

Im gonna go all fanboy about Klaus because he reminds me of me when I was about 20-25 and #5 because he’s a reincarnation of a guy I had a crush on about when I started high school.

Fuckin‘ excellent show. I gotta find the comics!

Kinda feel sorry for Dolores 😢

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I read the comics after seeing the series, and I was not impressed. They do so much better building characters and giving a reason to care about them in the series.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Beebo Brink