Twitter embed not working for me

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Every tweet just says

Loading tweet...

Then the white box gets taller and the Loading tweet... gets pushed down a few lines and nothing else happens.

This is with Chrome on a Windows PC. I thought maybe it was due to some extension I have installed but that doesn't seem to be the case, since the same thing happens in Incognito Mode where the extensions aren't loaded. The problem does not happen with Edge or with Firefox. I reinstalled Chrome because of a different issue. I think that is when this started happening. Any ideas?

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
There are two ways to embed a tweet that I know of. One is to use the embed link they so thoughtfully supply but rarely works, the other is to use the link in the share menu > copy link to tweet, then use the insert media feature on the forum under the 3 dots on the post menu. The second method works every time. The share menu is at the bottom right corner of each tweet.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
I just copy the Tweet url and paste it here. As is, without using embed or media or whatever.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I just copy the Tweet url and paste it here. As is, without using embed or media or whatever.

The forum software does it for you in that case. I still only see Loading Tweet as shown below. I can click on that link and see the tweet but that is inconvenient when there's loads of tweets in a thread. Anyway, will continue dinking around and maybe I'll come up with the solution.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
The forum software does it for you in that case. I still only see Loading Tweet as shown below. I can click on that link and see the tweet but that is inconvenient when there's loads of tweets in a thread. Anyway, will continue dinking around and maybe I'll come up with the solution.

Well, now you know why you can't see mine.

I copy and paste because none of the buttons above work for me.
hmm, I do not see a "Media" option. Image gives me an error message.
I do not see three dots to click on, "Insert Media" or anything else like that. I do see "Image", but that not work.
"insert link" looks similar to me doing copy/paste.

Where is this "Post menu"? I see "Remove formatting, bold, italic, underline, strike-through, text color, gift, font family, font size, insert link, insert image, smilies, insert". oh, hmm. that doesn't look like three dots on my screen for some reason. Two dots with a down arrow over it. Let's try that.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I copy and paste because none of the buttons above work for me.
When you copy and paste a twitter url that is fine. The forum software automatically puts MEDIA tags around your url. The problem for me is on my end somewhere, some setting is wrong in my copy of Chrome or something.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I solved the problem. I use the Lastpass password manager. It was one of just two extensions I let through in incognito mode so it screwed things up there too. They recently said, "Try improved save and fill". I figured what the hell, why not? That screwed up the twitter urls here. I turned that off and twitter works again here.

On another note, Lastpass used to be good. Now it's crappy. Don't use it. The only reason I still use it is I have a family account with my fiance who is quite ill. I don't have to teach her to use something new. Get Bitwarden instead. It's free and doesn't have limits on the number of devices you can use.