Tucker Carlson is a f*cking lunatic, white supremacist, mysogynist, and Russian propagandist

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
How the hell does that idiot still have a national TV presence???
Because a large section of Fox's target demographic really enjoy his show, to the extent that Fox find it valuable as a prime-time show even though the only person crazy enough to advertise on it is the My Pillow guy (who, as the last year has shown, is kraken-level crazy), presumably because if they didn't get their nightly dose of racism, conspiracy and hatred from him on Fox, they'd get it from him on whoever hired him after Fox let him go (or from an equivalent huxter on Newsmax or OANN).

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Tucker Carlson is confirmation of that fascinating addiction theory explanation for rightwing lunacy. In order to continue providing a dopamine hit for his audience (and probably himself as well), he has to get more outrageous every week. Plateauing isn't an option.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Because a large section of Fox's target demographic really enjoy his show, to the extent that Fox find it valuable as a prime-time show even though the only person crazy enough to advertise on it is the My Pillow guy (who, as the last year has shown, is kraken-level crazy), presumably because if they didn't get their nightly dose of racism, conspiracy and hatred from him on Fox, they'd get it from him on whoever hired him after Fox let him go (or from an equivalent huxter on Newsmax or OANN).
True. But you would think that, at some point of time, he'll become too toxic for even these right-wing bastions of bullshit, especially when/if lawsuits start rolling in.

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
Tucker Carlson does not need advertisers. As long as enough people want FoX on their basic cable package the network gets huge sums of money through the cable fees that *everybody* pays. So if you pay for cable in the US then a percentage of your bill goes to subsidize Tucker Carlson and helps prop up FoX news:

Here are even more details on the cash flow:

We recently cut the cord and no longer get cable television. Best decision ever. Now we pay for a couple streaming services that we like and spend less money doing so. Best of all, it means less money goes to FoX.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
We recently cut the cord and no longer get cable television. Best decision ever. Now we pay for a couple streaming services that we like and spend less money doing so. Best of all, it means less money goes to FoX.
Yeah, I cut the cord in 2012 when it stopped being cheaper to get internet + basic cable from Comcast than just internet by itself. About the only thing I actually watched on live TV was severe weather events. Shortly afterward I sold my rear-projection big screen TV (what came before flat screens for you young-uns) and reclaimed half a room.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I sold my rear-projection big screen TV (what came before flat screens for you young-uns) and reclaimed half a room.
I remember those things! They were absolutely enormous, which is probably one reason why they never really took off here, since quite apart from the cost of the unit, you had to live somewhere with enough room to use it, and with property prices even then, that priced a lot of people out of the market immediately in many parts of the country, unless they really, really liked watching TV to the extent they'd let the set take over the living area.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Clara D.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Evernote link because why not
Mr. Carlson’s comfortable place inside Washington media, many of the reporters who cover him say, has taken the edge off some of the coverage. It has also served as a kind of insurance policy, they say, protecting him from the marginalization that ended the Fox career of his predecessor, Glenn Beck, who also drew a huge audience with shadowy theories of elite conspiracy.

“It’s so unknown in the general public how much he plays both sides,” marveled one reporter for a prominent publication who speaks to Mr. Carlson regularly.
Another Washington journalist in his orbit said he thought Mr. Carlson benefited from his value to the media.

“If you open yourself up as a resource to mainstream media reporters, you don’t even have to ask them to go soft on you,” the journalist said.

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Evernote link because why not
A bit difficult to get played when you don't bother to acknowledge its existence, much less listen to it. I prefer to spend what time I have left on this earth listening to those with some rational intelligence and forethought, not those that scream conspiracy theory spittle at a television camera.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
A bit difficult to get played when you don't bother to acknowledge its existence, much less listen to it. I prefer to spend what time I have left on this earth listening to those with some rational intelligence and forethought, not those that scream conspiracy theory spittle at a television camera.
But the problem is, as I understand it, he has a large and devoted audience among Republicans and Trump supporters, many of whom are active online, and whose fear, anger, and indignation he is skilled both at arousing and at deploying against his selected targets.

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
But the problem is, as I understand it, he has a large and devoted audience among Republicans and Trump supporters, many of whom are active online, and whose fear, anger, and indignation he is skilled both at arousing and at deploying against his selected targets.
I was referring to myself. 🤭🤫

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I want to know how Biden answered the lies and insulting -- slanderous, even -- question. I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know?
They held separate press conferences after their meeting, I think.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Can I get this thread title changed to "Tucker Carlson is a Fucking Lunatic (and a white supremacist)"

To note, the NSA typically does not comment on identities of surveillance targets...

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Can I get this thread title changed to "Tucker Carlson is a Fucking Lunatic (and a white supremacist)"

To note, the NSA typically does not comment on identities of surveillance targets...

Done.

Someone might be wondering if there's any reason why F*cker or his "whistleblower" thinks he is being monitored
After all, he's not a foreign agent.. or is he? 🤔
Please let the NSA be wondering that.
Or the FBI and CIA. Hell, why not all three?

Last edited:

danielravennest

SLU Posts
The NSA is spying on everyone. They have been doing that since before they were called the NSA. It started out by tapping undersea telegraph lines, and now taps fiber optic cables in special rooms of AT&T central offices. When I was in college we assumed they were reading our USENET posts, so people put trigger words in their posts. We called them "NSA fodder".

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Interesting wording. "The NSA has never had any plans to try to take his program off the air."

They never had them before, but maybe, given Tucker's paranoia, they're rethinking whether or not they should now. 👿
Since the Justice Department and FBI are now going after domestic terrorists and insurrectionists, I would imagine some of his writers and researchers are members of various online communities that must be feeling rather nervous right now, and some of it seems to be rubbing off.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Romana