Trump's Trade War Hits Walmart

Sid

Lurking until the next post
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Given that Walmart was such a huge source of cheap products for low income customers over the years, this really hurts the very people that Trump professes to help," said Sucharita Kodali, a retail analyst for research firm Forrester.
The orange Mister KnowItAll seems to shoot himself in his own foot (again).

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Walmart: where the deplorables shop.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
So while Walmart is already locked in for the coming holiday season, Christmas lights will probably be more expensive next year.
It's the War on Christmas starting early this year! I am sure Fox News will react with appropriate horror.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Where ever will they get their cheep imports!!! But China is paying, right?

Misty Harley

Coffee. That is all.
sorry, not sorry. As a small main street business - I'm already getting hit. I was seriously hoping the big boxes would as well and maybe convince the Twitter in Chief to lay off.

I guess not.

At least it's not just us true small business's getting nailed by this. Except we don't really get a choice between raising our costs or taking a hit. We raise our costs, we lose our shoppers to the big box stores. We take the hit, we lose profit and possibly not make our bills. I'm hoping (from a business perspective) that the big boxes raise their prices so small town main street doesn't seem so much higher. From a buyers perspective, this sucks. For everyone.

Thanks Trump.

Kathryn Elisabeth

[1/2 Baked Cookie!]
Well from the article ... "So while Walmart is already locked in for the coming holiday season... "

Since things like cause and effect are in short supply, Next year the red hat wearing folks can ...
Blame democrat midterm victories, a War on Christmas, and Obama (etc... ad nauseam)
After Fox and SInclair spoon feed them the 'talking points'

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
But, but, you can win a trade war and the other country always pays more, right? That is the way tarrifs work people!

Businessman my ass. I have been more fiscally literate when having absolutely no idea what I was doing.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Didn't at least half of Trump's businesses fail and go into bankruptcy? Yeah, businessman my ass!

Kathryn Elisabeth

[1/2 Baked Cookie!]
Tariffs are the Cheat Code for trading stocks and commodities.

Sid

Lurking until the next post
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Trumpty Dumpty is smarter than you all think. He collects extra import taxes (payed by US importers and they charge the consumers). With that extra cash he can free money for his toy projects: Tearing down the country.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Didn't at least half of Trump's businesses fail and go into bankruptcy? Yeah, businessman my ass!
Exactly. I would bet more on the average HS graduate being able to run a business than him. All he has a proven record of is selling the name his family currently uses.