December, 2008
SLU Posts

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

Oh man, that would be pure comedy. And I'd willingly risk an even dumber Florida Rep. replacing him. Maybe they put up Ivanka for the special election!
Dear gods no, I want Gaetz gone, but not to end up with murder barbie - this is my district we're talking about.

• 1Hug
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Ellie and Rose Karuna

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Run in the GOP primary, spout all the idiotic crap you’ve read here, get elected, vote straight D.
One, I'm terminally shy, two, I'm about as good a public speaker as my cat, actually, my cat is probably better, any of the 5 and a half [the one outside seems terminally shy too though, and I've a mohawk, so even people who don't know me, wouldn't fall for it.

Also, one run through of my facebook and other social media would prove otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: Ellie

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, a quick point for anyoen who has to deal with 'You can't impeach him because he's no longer in office' crowd.

This isn't an impeachment, it is the trial. He -was- impeached while in office, and McConnell chose to kick the can.

He was impeached while in office.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Like
Reactions: Ellie and Beebo Brink

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
So, a quick point for anyoen who has to deal with 'You can't impeach him because he's no longer in office' crowd.

This isn't an impeachment, it is the trial. He -was- impeached while in office, and McConnell chose to kick the can.

He was impeached while in office.
You are expecting people to know the difference between the process of deciding if the President should be brought to trial/charged (Impeachment) and the actual trial itself.

As far as the majority is concerned, they are one and the same.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The New York Times first reported the development Saturday night.

In a letter obtained by the Times, Trump lawyer David Schoen requested that the former president’s second impeachment trial be paused if it doesn’t conclude by the beginning of the Sabbath at 5:24 p.m. on Friday. Schoen asked for the trial to then reconvene on Sunday.

Schoen sent the letter to Schumer, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-VT), who will preside over the trial. The trial is scheduled to begin Tuesday.

“I apologize for the inconvenience my request that impeachment proceedings not be conducted during the Jewish Sabbath undoubtedly will cause other people involved in the proceedings,” Schoen said in the letter obtained by the Times. “The practices and prohibitions are mandatory for me, however; so, respectfully, I have no choice but to make this request.”

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I don't understand the delays. He'll either be exonorated, and continue as the AntiPresident, or convicted and elevated to Messiah status.The Grift will continue either way, probably more so given the latter result, so what difference does it make to him.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I don't understand the delays. He'll either be exonorated, and continue as the AntiPresident, or convicted and elevated to Messiah status.The Grift will continue either way, probably more so given the latter result, so what difference does it make to him.
Its for the lawyer, not for the ex Grifter in Chief.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I understand that the attorney is requesting the delay. But It can replace him as easily as It has replaced others for no reason and with no empathy. My mistake is thinking that It has enough sense and self-control to levy Its influence toward getting this done so It can begin to reap the vast griftings on the other side either way it falls.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts