Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
People are saying it, so...

Etc.

I don't know. I'm tired of watching my side do the politically smart thing for the optically-correct reasons. Every once in a while, I'd like to support a team who did the right thing for the right reasons.

Trump attempted a coup on his own government to maintain the power of the office he was legitimately voted out of. I believe this to be the truth. How can I respect my leaders if they let him off with (another) warning for attempting something so heinous, so destructive to my country, and all because 2024!
Except, at this point, the politically smart thing is to impeach him, even if its after the 21st, and remove the additional finacial drain on our tax dollars.

Also, we can focus on more than one thing. Set the DoJ to dealing with Trump, its not like they should be messing with Covid and the economy much anyway.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Also, to remove all of his benefits after he's out of office. No Secret service, no million a year stipend, no nothing.
I mostly agree with this... but I actually do want him to get a secret service detail. Lots of crazies on both sides want him dead. I don't want anyone to be able to see him as a martyr.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Isn't it just easier to get him arrested for what he did after the elections the minute he is officially out of office?

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Isn't it just easier to get him arrested for what he did after the elections the minute he is officially out of office?
On a state level, sure, except a Governor could pardon. On the federal level, he can always get a presidential pardon - unless its an impeachment.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Trump's speech to the January 6 rally analysed -- I hadn't heard it, and didn't realise how inflammatory it was.

I read every tweet on that all the way to #149.
EDIT: It goes well past that. It goes to #200. I was reading as he was posting real time. He just finished it up.

I knew about much of what Trump had said, but that was a very nice takedown of all of it, the intention behind the words, and of course in hindsight exactly how the crowd took it.

Members of the House should be reading that as they determine exactly how they are going to point to Incitement to Insurrection as his motivation. Not that they couldn't come to the very same conclusions, but perhaps it contains some things they had not considered.

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I read every tweet on that all the way to #149. I knew about much of what Trump had said, but that was a very nice takedown of all of it, the intention behind the words, and of course in hindsight exactly how the crowd took it.

Members of the House should be reading that as they determine exactly how they are going to point to Incitement to Insurrection as his motivation. Not that they couldn't come to the very same conclusions, but perhaps it contains some things they had not considered.
And the three congresscritter ringleaders must be arrested - they are not safe from that.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Pelosi feels she finally has leverage, and she’s using it to pressure the President into resigning. She may not think that he’s actually going to do it, but by giving him a way out, it provides her political cover for bringing it to the floor. In other words: “Hey — I gave you the chance to leave after what you did. You chose not to. This is the consequence.”

The Speaker had a conference call with the full Democratic caucus today, and the representatives she designated to speak to the media are saying that everyone is locked in on the way forward: Impeachment if Trump doesn’t resign.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
I mostly agree with this... but I actually do want him to get a secret service detail. Lots of crazies on both sides want him dead. I don't want anyone to be able to see him as a martyr.
Do Secret Service agents deployed to prison get risk factor benefits?

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Trump's speech to the January 6 rally analysed -- I hadn't heard it, and didn't realise how inflammatory it was.

He deserves to watch every last one of his enablers and conspirators dance at the end of a rope before joining them.

I'm no longer worried that martyring him might spark an insurrection. It's already been sparked. Time to finish it.

ETA: And yes, dammit, I mean as a result of conviction by the senate, not some random lynching. IIRC they still have the legal ability to sentence someone to death.

Last edited:

Myradyl Muse

Mermaid Myradyl Muse
SL Rez
That's great but where did this information come from? Did I miss a post somewhere?

nvm, found an article.

I haven't seen this picture of his rally before. Wow, those images of him are so chilling. It's like every book, movie, article fiction or non-fiction depiction of fascist rallies.

This capture of him reminds me so intensely of Big Brother in 1984 - that hateful dead yet hypnotic stare of malevolence. Ugh.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Also, to remove all of his benefits after he's out of office. No Secret service, no million a year stipend, no nothing.
No, I very much want the secret service to stay close to him.

He is a huge security risk.

God only knows what damage he's already done, but what he can blurt out at any moment after he's left is doesn't really bear thinking about, particularly if he's trying to get money or a favour out of someone, or they're pressuring him.

At least with the secret service on him night and day, you know what's going on and enjoy a measure of control.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
No, I very much want the secret service to stay close to him.

He is a huge security risk.

God only knows what damage he's already done, but what he can blurt out at any moment after he's left is doesn't really bear thinking about, particularly if he's trying to get money or a favour out of someone, or they're pressuring him.

At least with the secret service on him night and day, you know what's going on and enjoy a measure of control.
Except the Secret Service is now believed, with reason, to be compromised. That's why they have called in Biden's former detail; they do not trust the current ones not to be a risk for him.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Impeachment forbids him from running for office in the future. It kills his plans to run in 2024, and to fundraise on that basis. Besides, Congress is pissed. *They* are the ones who had to hide from the rioters. They want payback. Also the "Two Impeachments - One Term" memes will be awesome.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Except the Secret Service is now believed, with reason, to be compromised. That's why they have called in Biden's former detail; they do not trust the current ones not to be a risk for him.
So remove the whole team and assign a new one.

He's a huge security risk, and it's a problem that won't go away. It has to be handled.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Do Secret Service agents deployed to prison get risk factor benefits?
I think I have said this before: I want him to be interred at Guantanamo. There are too many members of his cult on the mainland, and they are guaranteed to make trouble. There might even be some supporters in prison with him. Guantanamo is a US naval base on Cuban territory. That makes it really hard for his followers to attempt a jailbreak, protest rally, or any other such nonsense. As a bonus, he'll be with other terrorists, ones who probably hate his guts.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I think I have said this before: I want him to be interred at Guantanamo. There are too many members of his cult on the mainland, and they are guaranteed to make trouble. There might even be some supporters in prison with him. Guantanamo is a US naval base on Cuban territory. That makes it really hard for his followers to attempt a jailbreak, protest rally, or any other such nonsense. As a bonus, he'll be with other terrorists, ones who probably hate his guts.
If his supporters were to try and break into the ADX max prison in Colorado they would be met with resistance.

• 1LOL
Reactions: WolfEyes