Trump. Loans. Russia. If this is true..

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Wow. If you watch this, and it is well worth watching, the relevant part ends 19 minutes in.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Eunoli

Laws only mean anything when there's the will to enforce them.
I don't think it breaks any law. But, I do think it makes the impeachment inquiries go into overdrive and that its evidence presented. I think it might be something even Mitch McConnell couldn't pull his head in his shell over.

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
I'm surprised at how the mainstream news is going all shocked on this tidbit. Rachel Maddow was talking about Deutsche Bank two years ago, and Oleg Derepaska just as long. Lawrence did the same, as did several of a group of journalists who have been examining Trump's history for a long time.

We knew he was crooked, already, but now our suspicions have been confirmed. Can we impeach yet? Please?

Sid

Today's good mood is sponsored by coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
But his e-mails........ eh....

• 2LOL
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin and Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Yeah, well, chances are it's not true.

"Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president's finances that didn't go through our rigorous verification and standards process," O'Donnell said in a tweet Wednesday afternoon. "I shouldn't have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight."

The about-face came shortly after an attorney for Trump and the Trump Organization sent a letter to NBC demanding the network "immediately and prominently" retract and apologize for what the attorney described as "false and defamatory" reporting.

O'Donnell on Tuesday night offered his audience an explosive story on Trump's finances -- a story he later stressed came from a single source, that NBC had not verified, and that would "require a lot more verification" to be confirmed as fact.

It's not clear how O'Donnell's reporting made it to air, given that NBC News was unable to verify his reporting.

Usually, at networks, journalists must clear anonymously sourced reports with the network before reporting them on-air or online — a process O'Donnell acknowledged he didn't follow in his Wednesday tweet.

Asked how O'Donnell's reporting made it to air, given how thinly sourced it was and given that the network has not been able to confirm it, a spokesperson for NBC and MSNBC declined to comment.

No other network or news organization, including CNN, has corroborated O'Donnell's reporting. Notably, there was no mention of anything resembling O'Donnell's reporting in the report issued earlier this year by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
No, chances are it's not VERIFIED.

O'Donnell jumped the gun on this, and he should be raked over the coals. It was a poor lapse in judgment and just gives credence to Trump's criticism of the press.

As to whether it's true or not, I'll be more surprised if it's not true. Trump has mixed up with the Russian mafia for decades, and so has Deutsche Bank. It would explain so much of Trump's behavior as well. But ya never know, maybe he's giving Putin a BJ for free, just because Trump loves dictators.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Wow. If you watch this, and it is well worth watching, the relevant part ends 19 minutes in.
I was not watching it last night (although caught the last few minutes and have it on my DVR) but he also talks about it right at the end of his show.

I am guessing tonight he will try and follow it up.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
But his e-mails........ eh....
Me hearing Bush jr had an email problem so preemptively made a call to say he could stew in it: "They turned off ARMS?????"

I had multiple jobs with different companies (yes, I was 'key personnel') resurrecting WH emails due to hiccups in the 90s with that system. When I heard W had a problem as well I immediately called my last boss to let him know I was not interested when he got the call.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Anya Ristow

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
This is where Russiagate should have gone.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
This is where Russiagate should have gone.
Yeah, this actually digs up information that donnie's lawyers do not want known for some reason. The retraction last night probably just made more people wonder about it (and I have no doubts he knew that would be the result).

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cindy Claveau

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Why? Because Trump's goons squashed the story? That only raises alarm bells for me. All we must do if we want to determine if there's any "there" there, is to ask ourselves how Trump stayed afloat in the middle of all those bankruptcies and failures to repay debts to the point that his usual sources of credit were refusing to extend any more - leaving him with one option from which he might draw more capital and perpetrate his "billionaire" lie.

Rachel Maddow, back in December 2017: Mueller reportedly eyeing Deutsche Bank