Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
We all know what comes next.

"You're fired!"

Hey, a girl can dream...and contribute a large cannon to help the process along.

GoblinCampFollower

Yes but who can he hire next that's worse than Bolton? He's to the point now where he's grabbing all the rotten apples from the bottom of the barrel.
Bolton scares me a lot more than your typical religious right wing nut job. Many RWNJ's aren't nearly as hawkish.

I think many on the left will act like they know how bad an unnecessary war is, but but don't assign it anywhere near the level of importance that they should. If you use your phone to record loud shouting, or a gun shot, or a bomb from across the street, they will sound relatively similar on your phone, because the microphone can't actually register how loud the other two are by a long shot.

Likewise, I think many on the left behave as if super aggressive foreign policies are just another right wing wrong on a list of many others. It's not, it's by far the worst trait a leader can have. I'd prefer they just be massive thieves.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I think many on the left will act like they know how bad an unnecessary war is, but but don't assign it anywhere near the level of importance that they should. If you use your phone to record loud shouting, or a gun shot, or a bomb from across the street, they will sound relatively similar on your phone, because the microphone can't actually register how loud the other two are by a long shot.
Well for guys like Bolton a war is just a way of doing politics using different tools than normally, which was by the way the common stance and sense world wide until WWI happened. Aside that, it's good for the weapons manufacturers as well, and can be viewed as a performance demonstration on American weaponry as well if you want to sell it to foreign countries.

The real problem though the war mongers in America do face it that to lead a successful war you need to send ground troops - which is something America tends to be less and less willing too - it wants to be victorious without sending/loosing soldiers. You cannot win a war alone using drones and air force. And for sure nobody wants to get at war against America on the other side without very good reason, nor that anybody would be able to do so anyway due the its geo strategical advantages.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer