Trump found not guilty

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Meanwhile, Al Gore has recently announced he is "exploring" a run for president, tapping several Bhuddist temples for "exploration" funds. In other news, after a recent visit by Hillary Clinton to Europe, half a dozen countries have announced they are starting investigations on Trump and several of his associates for ...

[note there is no source]

Prediction: the most popular phrase on politics boards today & tomorrow will be "That's not what lack of standing means, you stupid gaff!!"

Last edited:
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Meanwhile, Al Gore has recently announced he is "exploring" a run for president, tapping several Bhuddist temples for "exploration" funds. In other news, after a recent visit by Hillary Clinton to Europe, half a dozen countries have announced they are starting investigations on Trump and several of his associates for ...

Later Hillary Clinton in a rare occasion wore a dress that was stained by Al Gore in an embarrassing situation that left both of them out of the limelight forever ( thank god). It wouldn't have mattered much but they both lied about it.

Monica Dream

Jesus -he knows me ...and he knows I'm right!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
The Republicans announced they would find Trump not guilty before the trial even started, while laughing in your face. The right thing to do would be to drag them out of their beds and throw them in prison to rot.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Yup. 2020-02-06 or 20200206 depending if a human will need to look at it.
Exactly "mixed endian" makes no sense. If you are going to go with big or little then it just makes sense to have the largest unit first.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Trifina

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
It is helpful for chronological ordering ... day month year is much more convenient in all to day use as it orders the important info into first place.

On the matter I to some kind blame Hollywood and comic books. Fiction has idolized the dirty hero who breaks the rules to do the "greater good". If you know you do "the right thing", who cares if some rules are broken ... Those are the dangers of utilitarian ethics.
It depends what is important. Say you have a directory of web logs and keep them for years. If you want a sample your most important thing is "do I have year abcd", followed by "month xy in year abcd" and so on. It also sorts them properly too.

Web logs using 2 digit years is another rant but fortunately we have a few decades before that might be an issue.

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The orange one is found not guilty. Was all of this worth it? Everyone knew this would be the conclusion. What did it gain the democrats or the country?
Pretty clear they all acknowledge his guilt, they just agreed it wasn't in their best interests to remove him from office.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Prediction: the most popular phrase on politics boards today & tomorrow will be "That's not what lack of standing means, you stupid gaff!!"
Well, I was able to vote for Gore the other day. :)

[He is on the Apple board, where I own stock, and this is proxy season so the board is up for reelection every year.]

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Pretty clear they all acknowledge his guilt, they just agreed it wasn't in their best interests to remove him from office.
I guess a lot of them will find out this November whether it was truly in their best interest or not.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I think the Dem base would have gone berserk if they didn't impeach. However, I think that knowing it would end this way and that it ending this way would make it almost impossible to win in November should have led them to instead of impeaching - having a bunch of hearings and getting actually loud in their messaging about all the wrong doing.
In any war, you get to make a choice. You can fight even if you're not sure you'll win (French underground) or you can shrug and make the best of a very bad deal (Vichy France).

Dems took a stand because they believed rule-of-law is worth fighting for, that it's the heart of our country, no matter how imperfect. Republicans took a stand for corrupt despotism because rule-of-law isn't working out so well for them these days.

If Trump wins in 2020, the GOPers own this new banana republic, but at least we didn't just hand it over to them, ignoring Trump's transgressions because it was politically convenient to do so.

Ishina

SL Rez
The Dems took a stand by running to aid their comrade who just got shot in the leg by a sniper.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
If we get into a better timeline where the voters see enough sense to throw the Republicans out, the Democrats will have to inspire a degree of trust so they can clean up the mess and get anything done. Staying true to the rule of law is part of that.

Ishina

SL Rez
Your senate is now part of your executive branch. I suspect the rule of law is going to be very one-sided.

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I guess a lot of them will find out this November whether it was truly in their best interest or not.
I think we're past the tipping point. Too much of the U.S. is brainwashed by the Murdock/Koch/Evangelical/Trump propaganda engine.

And even if they're not the majority, between gerrymandering and my now total lack of faith in our ability to actually HAVE an election without corruption tampering with the results... they'll still get their way.

Your senate is now part of your executive branch. I suspect the rule of law is going to be very one-sided.
And the judicial branch, and the intelligence community, the prosperity gospel megachurch evangelicals...

Then again, it's probably better to say the executive branch, senate, etc, are now merely part of the Putin/Koch/Murdock bankrolled propaganda engines & think tanks, not the other way around.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
The Dems took a stand by running to aid their comrade who just got shot in the leg by a sniper.
Many snipers don't shoot to kill as that removes just one soldier from the combat. Shoot to wound removes 2-4 soldiers including the one who was shot.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Many snipers don't shoot to kill as that removes just one soldier from the combat. Shoot to wound removes 2-4 soldiers including the one who was shot.
And it demoralizes the rest. Someone screaming in agony is harder to ignore than someone who just died in a clean shot.