Yay! Trump Banned From Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitch

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, on the whole most masculine? Toxic masculinity at its worse, then its probably true.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So, on the whole most masculine? Toxic masculinity at its worse, then its probably true.
Relative to current norms, perhaps, but I'm pretty sure we've got a history of raging toxic masculinity in the white house. It was just considered 'normal'.

He's a puff on that meter compared to Kennedy, FDR, Johnson, Clinton ...

• 1Agree
Reactions: Khamon

bubblesort

I just asked a friend where Trump hasn't been banned from yet. Ravelry? Yup!

He has been banned from ravelry for years!

If you don't know, ravelry is the biggest fabric arts social network in the internet. You won't find MAGA hat patterns there, because fabric arts nerds don't play. It makes sense, though. I think they got big with pussy hat patterns.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I just asked a friend where Trump hasn't been banned from yet. Ravelry? Yup!

He has been banned from ravelry for years!

If you don't know, ravelry is the biggest fabric arts social network in the internet. You won't find MAGA hat patterns there, because fabric arts nerds don't play. It makes sense, though. I think they got big with pussy hat patterns.
Yup, a while ago I got asked on quora how I felt about the ban and well, I let them know exactly how i felt. think it got a few upvotes even.

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion Again!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
Pardon my impertinence, but Elon Musk can go fuck himself sideways with a rusty screwdriver. TWICE. This is the guy who floated the idea of reviving INDENTURED SERVITUDE to help build his pie-in-the-sky Mars colony.

Want to "stop censorship," Elon? Go build your own fucking Twitter.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Pardon my impertinence, but Elon Musk can go fuck himself sideways with a rusty screwdriver. TWICE. This is the guy who floated the idea of reviving INDENTURED SERVITUDE to help build his pie-in-the-sky Mars colony.

Want to "stop censorship," Elon? Go build your own fucking Twitter.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Sean Gorham

bubblesort

This social media purge got me thinking about Julian Assange's early works regarding conspiracies. Conspiracy is kind of a dramatic term for organizations in general, I think. Basically, what Assange wrote is that groups of people can work together because of the network of connections between them. To break a group that is working together, you don't need to target individuals, you need to target their links.

To put it in simple terms, imagine that VVO is a conspiracy. IDK what we're conspiring to do, but I'm sure it's unspeakably evil (so unspeakable I can't tell you what it is). Assange argues that if somebody wanted to stop our nefarious conspiracy, they should not assassinate individuals. Instead, they should try to take down the connections between us. Some of us on VVO could remain in contact if VVO went under, because we know each other in SecondLife, or other video games or platforms. Those would be considered strong links. Some of us would completely disappear from each other's lives if VVO went under. Those would be considered weak links. You discover and target strong and weak links differently, and all that stuff... but the main thrust of his work was it's all about the links, not about the individual people involved.

This was done successfully, for example, in the first invasion of Iraq. Our telecom guys would break into Iraqi radio frequencies and basically do a prank yankers routine on them. They would do things like order pizza, just to show the Iraqis that their communications networks were compromised. After a day or so of this, nobody would take orders from the radio any more, so the Iraqi command and control structure completely broke down, to the point where they had to fall back on medieval tactics, like using runners to distribute orders to field commanders.

Here's a link to one of his papers on the subject.

So what does this have to do with the terrorists at the capitol?

The MAGA crowd is seeing every social network they use either shut them out, or turn into honey pots. They can't trust the platforms they use to remain operational. The ones that are working are being used against them in court, so they can't communicate with each other freely. They are paranoid. This is probably causing their networks to fracture and fail. Eventually, the smaller groups that their large networks are fracturing into will be too small and paranoid to work together, and hopefully, they will fade away.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I'm surprised that we haven't yet seen Erik Prince's dirty little hands all over this yet, besides the Mercer. We do know that he was behind the scenes in the "Stop the Steal" movement. So far, it appears as if the powerful who instigated all of this since election night are going unpunished and even continue their activities.

Sure, a few congress critters are receiving public reprimands and/or social shaming but no legal consequence. Of course, Trump is being punished by impeachment, but not a single one of these congress critters and others in high places, as of yet, who called for the same exact things as Trump did.

That would be a slippery slope because of the first amendment right to speak, however, there must be some line between that and incitement. There also should be some delineation between the average person spouting off on social media and those who hold elected positions.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'm surprised that we haven't yet seen Erik Prince's dirty little hands all over this yet, besides the Mercer. We do know that he was behind the scenes in the "Stop the Steal" movement. So far, it appears as if the powerful who instigated all of this since election night are going unpunished and even continue their activities.

Sure, a few congress critters are receiving public reprimands and/or social shaming but no legal consequence. Of course, Trump is being punished by impeachment, but not a single one of these congress critters and others in high places, as of yet, who called for the same exact things as Trump did.

That would be a slippery slope because of the first amendment right to speak, however, there must be some line between that and incitement. There also should be some delineation between the average person spouting off on social media and those who hold elected positions.
Cori Bush is pushing a resolution to have every last one of them kicked from Congress, including the Senators, that tried to prevent Biden's electoral votes from being counted. My guess is that's moving slower because the more time we give the conspirators to operate, now under scrutiny, the more rope they are given to hang themselves with.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
The MAGA crowd is seeing every social network they use either shut them out, or turn into honey pots. They can't trust the platforms they use to remain operational. The ones that are working are being used against them in court, so they can't communicate with each other freely. They are paranoid. This is probably causing their networks to fracture and fail. Eventually, the smaller groups that their large networks are fracturing into will be too small and paranoid to work together, and hopefully, they will fade away.
Right now they're going to Telegram and Signal. Eventually they will go to the dark web. I hope you're right but I have a feeling the Internet will continue to be a haven for them.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Right now they're going to Telegram and Signal. Eventually they will go to the dark web. I hope you're right but I have a feeling the Internet will continue to be a haven for them.
However it is a signal sent. Diehard fans will follow them to whatever shady place they go to, but to Joe Average the fact it is a position not tolerated by the maintream is a strong signal.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Isabeau and bubblesort

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
It will. There are those that are like-minded who can provide support such as Epik's own Rob Monster (appropriate name).

There are those dedicated to white supremacy and are more than willing to provide material support.

Then you have things like FB that only banned him until transfer of power is complete. That give him a lot of leeway beginning Jan 21.