Trump Administration Quietly Trying to Turn us into a Police State

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
This link is from the Facebook group “Global Theocracy Watch.” The poster, Johnny Womack, commented:

Ralph Drollinger is the dominionist who leads the bible study group at the White House. Here’s one of his bible studies, which shows how heartless these people really are.
Theological Liberalism in America

Here’s one of the gems from this biased view of American history and religion:

On the Hill today, the vast majority of political conservatives who name the name of Christ are not affected by Social Gospel theology, whereas the vast majority of political liberals who name the name of Christ are influenced by Liberal Protestant theology, aka the Social Gospel Movement. Amongst the 535 Members of Congress and the Senate, I can count the exceptions to this axiom on one hand. The Social Gospel and what it has historically stood for is the seedbed of the liberal political agenda today — and the basis of entitlement programs historically fostered by and in American government. This theological reality is at the root of why D.C. is so divided today. In essence, there is a theological war going on; two opposing world views that continually butt heads as those differences manifest in contrasting policy formation; herein are dueling worldviews.
Since this is such an important ongoing influence, it stands to reason that it is critically important for Public Servants to possess a working knowledge of the Social Gospel and understand why it is such bad theology. By using the word “bad,” I mean it is a perversion, or a corruption of what the Bible actually teaches. The Social Gospel is in no way biblically based, nor justifiable.

At the risk of oversimplifying, he’s basically arguing that normal Protestantism is a heresy; that only American Evangelicals have correct religion; that the original American religion was this Evangelical religion (it wasn’t, especially if you include the Puritans, Freemasons and Deists); and the Dominionists should absorb the social functions now in the government into the churches.

And of course you can’t object to this Evangelical takeover of government functions, because that proves you’re a heretic.

This is the cult that runs many of the Republicans and the police.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Let's turn this around: How would this affect the right wing if under a Democratic administration with a Democratic House & Senate? What could have Obama & Pelosi done with George Sauros (spelling?) funding the P.R. for it? Let's work within the architecture of their fear, uncertainty & doubt media golem.
Every single headline would have read "CLINTON TO DECLARE MARTIAL LAW!".

Also all the crazy 2nd amendment folks would be outside the WH with their guns chanting "Lock her up" probably.

PS, not saying 2nd amendment folks are crazy, just that the crazies that would actually do that sort of thing tend to be Right leaning.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
This link is from the Facebook group “Global Theocracy Watch.” The poster, Johnny Womack, commented:

Theological Liberalism in America

Here’s one of the gems from this biased view of American history and religion:

At the risk of oversimplifying, he’s basically arguing that normal Protestantism is a heresy; that only American Evangelicals have correct religion; that the original American religion was this Evangelical religion (it wasn’t, especially if you include the Puritans, Freemasons and Deists); and the Dominionists should absorb the social functions now in the government into the churches.

And of course you can’t object to this Evangelical takeover of government functions, because that proves you’re a heretic.

This is the cult that runs many of the Republicans and the police.
Sometimes I can't help but wonder whether the Roman emperors and the Holy Inquisition didn't have the right ideas about Evangelical Christians.

Eunoli

It is when appropriate civilian oversight is missing. That’s why the President is a civilian, not that it will do us any good now. We’re clearly in an attempt at a coup.
Yes, but my point is that there is precedent around martial law and how it is handled. This bill goes around that.

• 1Thanks

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
not just the US, Germany just decided to survey individual's positioning via cell phone tracking 🙀

• 1Scared

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
not just the US, Germany just decided to survey individual's positioning via cell phone tracking 🙀
We have commercial applications that amount to the same thing, although I do think it’s much worse if police are openly relying on this information without legal restrictions.

But I would say if you need to go somewhere and not be tracked, leave all your transceivers at home.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
We have commercial applications that amount to the same thing, although I do think it’s much worse if police are openly relying on this information without legal restrictions.
As we all know since Snowden the NSA practiced data retention back then on all Americans. The infrastructure is still there, so I am quite convinced it just needs some type of switch to enable this again in case it was ever shut down.

Roxie Marten

A member in good standing of the usual suspects
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sure you can. You just don't have them. Trump is fully capable of ignoring the Constitution, and all the other people who are supposed to stop him are unwilling to get in the way.
I live a hour from the Canadian border and have a place to stay when I get there. If this happens I am leaving. Us queer folk will be on Trump's list of people to round up. The majority of the straight cis people won't even notice we are gone.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
But I would say if you need to go somewhere and not be tracked, leave all your transceivers at home.
I do since about 15 years..

I fear that while right now being considered a "weirdo" this behaviour might well put me on a "prime suspects" list in the future. Same goes fpr assistants like Alexa - once everyone has one you will be asked why yours is not plugged in.

• 1Agree

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Don't forget the software in newer cars.
A lot of cars can be stopped remotely. Persons of certain skills would have to figure out a way to both circumvent this and make the car appear like it was sitting at home. Owning a very old car is an option, but attachable trackers are very small (and easy to get).

Free

Leader of the Free world and behatted
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
5/2009
SLU Posts
Same goes fpr assistants like Alexa - once everyone has one you will be asked why yours is not plugged in.
Why? Hmm...

Free: Alexa, Ad Astra.

Alexa: Adding astro to your shopping list.

Free: *unplugs all Alexa-enabled devices*

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I do since about 15 years..

I fear that while right now being considered a "weirdo" this behaviour might well put me on a "prime suspects" list in the future. Same goes fpr assistants like Alexa - once everyone has one you will be asked why yours is not plugged in.
This takes me right back to the double life I live, where I’m one person in front of the religious conservatives I rely on for services I need because I’m disabled (including housing) and a different person in front of fellow queer folks. It’s very unpleasant to live this way, if familiar; and I doubt middle class straight folks have any idea how the otherization going on in red states has never really stopped.

There are other cell phone tracking examples: people believe cell phone Stingrays were used against Standing Rock protestors.

And this, first thing that came up in a Google search:
FCC shrugs at fake cell towers around the White House

I assume everything that doesn’t pass muster with Evangelicals will be criminalized if Trump and this Senate get re-elected, including queer folks and disfavored religions.

I’ve completely lost my patience with “it can’t happen here” since it is happening, just to poor minorities first, then it spirals upward, up the caste scale.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
This takes me right back to the double life I live, where I’m one person in front of the religious conservatives I rely on for services I need because I’m disabled (including housing) and a different person in front of fellow queer folks. It’s very unpleasant to live this way, if familiar; and I doubt middle class straight folks have any idea how the otherization going on in red states has never really stopped.

There are other cell phone tracking examples: people believe cell phone Stingrays were used against Standing Rock protestors.

And this, first thing that came up in a Google search:
FCC shrugs at fake cell towers around the White House

I assume everything that doesn’t pass muster with Evangelicals will be criminalized if Trump and this Senate get re-elected, including queer folks and disfavored religions.

I’ve completely lost my patience with “it can’t happen here” since it is happening, just to poor minorities first, then it spirals upward, up the caste scale.
Which means everyone but -theirs-, and I mean every last christian denomination.

Zaida Gearbox

A while ago I was reading the Jane Hawk series by Dean Koontz - and realized I can't get from my house to the bodega down the street without being photographed. It doesn't matter which way I go.... I also cannot get from here to the dog park without being photographed....