Translator recommendations please

Selinica

Do as I say not as I do
SL Rez
Joined SLU
3/11/2013
SLU Posts
Last time I used one was the IOL Q translator, I forget what it did that let it work when the others broke after some change or something.
Dunno if it still works, it's been a few years since I have had to pull out a translator.

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
If I recall correctly, most translators actually used Google translate, and the stopped letting 3rd parties continue the practice?

Selinica

Do as I say not as I do
SL Rez
Joined SLU
3/11/2013
SLU Posts
If I recall correctly, most translators actually used Google translate, and the stopped letting 3rd parties continue the practice?
Something like that I think. I believe bing translate was also an option too. If I recall there was also then a fee to use it on a per month per message limit basis or something.

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I use the IOS Q-Translator. It was the only one that seemed to work after google and microsoft pulled the use of theirs to pay services. IOS's Q-translator uses an open-source translator that requires them to continually update it by themselves. Even though it costs some L to own,, it's still far cheaper than paying for Google or Bing Translate.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Paying for Google translate?

Brian

this one costs 200L on the marketplace and seems to be quite reliable:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Translator-All-google-languages-menu-version/7175140
I use this and agree. It is reliable. Creator updates it regularly to keep it working, using his own server address he can change as needed.
It has ability to only show your translated text if preferred, and translated messages using llTextBox with other users of same translator to keep it private.
I believe it's well worth the 200L.