Tilia, a prelude to decline?

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
To be fair, a truly epic dumpster fire requires a poster who is emotionally unhinged, as opposed to this OP who is merely truculent. You can't make a really good fire without the right materials.

Ayesha

Sucks that OP was a douche because there’s actually stuff worth discussing here.

I’m not upset about having to provide identity information, I understand it’s the law, it’s just annoying to have to do it again when I previously provided them with the same information. Can’t they just transfer it over? I haven’t bothered yet as I don’t know if I will need to cash out.

If you need additional proof of identity documents but don't pay for utilities, a bank statement will usually do. When I had to move in an emergency situation a few years ago, I had to figure out how to get proof of residency when I didn’t have a home yet. For safety reasons, I also didn’t want to use whatever my real address would be on anything that could end up in a database. My solution was to get a mailbox at a UPS store. It has a real street address so it's not subject to the same restrictions as a PO Box. It just looks like an apartment address i.e. 2542 Doe St. #123. I then changed my address with my bank to that, and as soon as I had my next bank statement I had proof of address to get everything else I needed. Even my driver's license now has the UPS store address on it.

There are also companies that provide this service online to people who otherwise wouldn't have a fixed address, such as full-time RVers.
How RVers Get Their Mail: The Complete Guide to Getting Mail on the Road · Escapees RV Club

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
We've had songs get stuck in our heads but what are songs comprised of? Music and words (usually both). Words come from from our voicebox which is located where? In our throat. Hence still on topic to a degree, I give you the classic:

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Essence Lumin

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
The money I make from sl still comes in so, I will put up with any new stuff.
You know nebula , this thread is a prime example of why I lose patience with SLU/VVO being called "unwelcoming". These drive-by assholes, with their narcissistic tantrums, take advantage of our good will. I entered this discussion in good faith, but the poster did not. S/he came here to get emotional validation and when we didn't provide it on cue in the exact manner s/he expected, s/he immediately turned nasty. It's a script we've seen played out so many times that it's obvious where it's going in just a few posts, but we'll usually gamely keep trying for the first page. Then all bets are off.

nebula

NOPE
SL Rez
Joined SLU
You know nebula , this thread is a prime example of why I lose patience with SLU/VVO being called "unwelcoming". These drive-by assholes, with their narcissistic tantrums, take advantage of our good will. I entered this discussion in good faith, but the poster did not. S/he came here to get emotional validation and when we didn't provide it on cue in the exact manner s/he expected, s/he immediately turned nasty. It's a script we've seen played out so many times that it's obvious where it's going in just a few posts, but we'll usually gamely keep trying for the first page. Then all bets are off.
I just answer the question and move on.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Hey everyone, how's it going in here? Are we declining yet?

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts

Ariane

So I'm one of those old timers that makes 500L a week on my $72 premium account, so I always sell enough to cover the next years premium balance.
Come to find out the annual price changed to $99 and I was never informed, and my already small bank account was charged $28.

Well I'm pissed, and I'm bailing. I sold the majority of my remaining 50,000 Lindens, and put my land up for sale. Once the land sells (if it ever does), that's the amount my "basic free" account will have left to spend if I ever return.

So now I have a balance of cash in my Tilia account, and I jumped through all the verification hoops, and of course the "Request Process Credit" button to get my money back is disabled!!

Yeah, I'm on the dumpster fire band wagon on this one.

ETA: I finally found how to process a credit - you have to authorize your paypal account, and the instructions are buried deep in the website.

Last edited:

NeoBokrug Elytis

Thread Reaper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
You were never informed? LL was practically shoving that down everyone's throats.

• 1Agree
Reactions: eku zhong

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I got the "need additional info" then it goes to a page with an eternal loading circle \o/

[ETA] Had to turn off adblock to get it to work. Roffle. [/ETA]

Last edited:

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Both of my premiums recieved the notification email on June 8th.

• 1Agree
Reactions: eku zhong

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
To be fair, half of the emails I get from the lab (discounting offline IMs and group notices) end up caught in my spam traps. I wouldn't be surprised if Ariane's the same (esp if she uses yahoo).

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
If there are blokes who decide to jump from the top of the Empire State Building, do you feel more comfortable about jumping yourself then?
When I was a Tigerette, my mom once asked me, “If your friends all jumped off a bridge, would you jump off too?”

“No, I’d just walk down the pile of bodies.”