Tilia, a prelude to decline?

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I can only work with what you've been providing so far - bullshittery at its finest and hot air. Aside that, all which needs to be told in your case has already been said, so what do you expect - new insights?
He was expecting some sort of group hand-wringing pity-party.

Though his methodology of leaping straight to abuse probably wasn't the best way to accomplish this.

• 1Like
Reactions: Han Held

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Also LL can GTFO if they think that I'm going to send them a copy of any of my utilities.

Some info is reasonable (social security number), but when you start asking for copies of my bills, birth certificate, etc nope. On top of being invasive it strikes me as being a sign of complete incompetence.

Google has not asked me for that, nor any of the other services I'm a part of.
I'm curious why you are fine with handing over a social security number, but a utility statement showing your address is a bridge too far.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Some soup kitchens and shelters have mail pickup, so it's possible to have a "fixed address" even if someone is living on the street.
Just an address was enough for voter registration in OR, but AZ needed to see mail when I got a DL here. I think a periodical or something from my insurance might have worked. But this is why I make the internet provider send me paper.

I’ve been without enough documentation before, myself. I’m saying all this stuff because people take it for granted and then get in trouble when they don’t have it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Kalel

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
LL has asked for weird identity stuff in the past. I think they’re pretty much constantly getting hassled by the authorities for something. This might also be why no one has tried to really replicate SL.

Tilia is not new as a brand name, I remember seeing it before the recent announcement. I was selling L from my stipend to cut down on the cost of premium.

• 1Agree
Reactions: eku zhong

tetrasodium

SL Rez
My fuck off stands - in fact, keep it up and I'll remove you myself, as this is my site.
Am i witnessing a devolution to child like behavior here? You can't handle criticism and threatening to remove me, do it, you'll just prove that I'm right.
What an immature douchbag, but yeah keep posting cats and memes.

I'm curious why you are fine with handing over a social security number, but a utility statement showing your address is a bridge too far.
"To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we maintain electronic, physical and procedural controls and safeguards, including but not limited to security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. We also require our service providers and business partners to whom we disclose the information to take similar measures.

Although we have implemented reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect personal information, no security is perfect. We cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, or information stored on our websites or servers, will be completely free from unauthorized access or use. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages (including but not limited to any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential or punitive loss or other damages of any kind, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, that you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse or alteration of any information we collect."

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Spirits Rising

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Am i witnessing a devolution to child like behavior here? You can't handle criticism and threatening to remove me, do it, you'll just prove that I'm right.
No, it proves life is way too short to deal with a personality like yours. I have no issue with criticism - I have issue with intellectually dishonest toxic assholes. You add nothing to this site, so I would not shed a tear if you were not here. As I am the one paying for the site, that is my prerogative. You have to do more than criticize me to get banned, but you haven't shown me any reason to keep you around.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Then don't do business online. Or any form of electronic banking.

Note that "fullest extent permitted by law" phrase. This TOS does not prevent you from taking action if you can prove negligence on Tilia's part.

But this is true of any electronic system. If it can be accessed, it can be broken into.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Had you led with "I can't cash out because of weirdly specific ID requirements" you might have gotten more sympathy and support, maybe even concrete suggestions. Complaining and then complaining about people who don't share your complaint tends to put a damper on discussion..

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Dishonest about what, elaborate.
Check you out...giving orders to the forum owner and all.

Well, I assume that's what you're doing. It's a grammatical mess, so either you're basically ordering Cris to 'elaborate' or you're calling him 'elaborate'. Since there's no question mark, just a weirdly placed comma, I'm going with the former.

Either way, you're a really unpleasant person. When several people react the same way to you, chances are it's not them...it's you.

Now, I'll just take my below-80-IQ back to reading more interesting people than you on Twitter.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Dishonest about what, elaborate.
I said intellectually dishonest. You're not here for a legitimate discussion about the merits and problems of Tilia. You just want people to agree with you and attack and dismiss anyone who doesn't with petty insults. It's not clever or new - and you can spot the behavior from space.

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
I went here to express my concern about the new LL changes and you guys started to shit on the thread because of your superiority complex.

Go play video games kid.

Really appreciate your concern.
hahaha that is the forum owner you just called kid.. but hey.

About Tilia, which has actually been in use for quite some time but now is when they started asking for details as per law in the US.
Before when they needed our details for W-8BEN form for tax exemption, we supplied them and everything was fine. The sky did not fall, cashouts were still processed (in our case) within about 24 hours.

Now they need our details again for the new compliance and we supplied them, and everything was fine. The sky did not fall, cashouts continue to be processed (in our case) within about 24 hours.

Personally I would rather people needed to submit their official details. It makes it harder for mktplace scammers and gacha exploiters (where they create multiple copies of a no copy item and sell them) to get their hands on ill gotten gains.

It is not just a utility bill that is acceptable, you can supply them with a tax receipt, a bank statement, a credit card invoice etc etc. If you have been cashing out, you obviously have a bank account associated with your paypal or skrill account.. get your bank to send you a statement in the post.