Thread for DIY Projects

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Any of you working on stuff at home? Have ideas for helpful and practical DIY workarounds? Or have made something useless but pretty that you’re proud of?

Shelves, sewing, macrame, homemade gift ideas, doodad thingamabobs, pet stuff, restoration and paint-overs, repairs, etc.

Saw this today and I know, it’s just a simple idea, but I’m thinking of doing something similar.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Any of you working on stuff at home? Have ideas for helpful and practical DIY workarounds? Or have made something useless but pretty that you’re proud of?

Shelves, sewing, macrame, homemade gift ideas, doodad thingamabobs, pet stuff, restoration and paint-overs, repairs, etc.

Saw this today and I know, it’s just a simple idea, but I’m thinking of doing something similar.

There are various devices to hold spare keys, outgoing mail, etc. by the door. If it was more than just me in the house, I'd use one of those for masks too.

My ongoing project since I bought this house six years ago is fixing up the landscaping. It had been a rental for six years before I bought it, and the tenants neglected things. Prior to 18 years ago it was a farm before the owner sold all but the three acres I have and they built a subdivision on the rest. The three acres are mostly woods except for some grassy areas near the house.

So there were weeds and even small trees growing through the fences, an old farm fence that was falling down, stumps, stump holes where the stump had rotted out, trees that needed trimming, trash in the woods, power poles to a barn that was demolished when the subdivision was built, etc. etc. Just tons of stuff to clean up. In addition the trees drop leaves several times a year (magnolias do it in spring), and branches any time. So it keeps me busy. But I enjoy working outdoors, and its how I get my exercise.

I've built up a large e-library the last several years, with a lot of how-to and craft books. If any of you are looking for a particular subject I may have it.

• 1Like
Reactions: Isabeau